Treestand pack

When I'm carrying my climber in, I have one of those small bungee cord nets that hold all my clothing to the back of the stand, by simply stretching the bungee net over all the clothes and hooking an open portion of the net at 4 points on the stand.

For trips to stands that are already set, I have one of them industrial type mesh laundry bags, with draw strings and a strap to carry over your shoulder.

OP
wind gypsy
Some of the kifaru options seem nice but i've already got sufficient frame packs and justifying $500+ for another pack to satisfy this very minor inconvenience would be silly. I almost used my SG 6900 pack last weekend but as soon as I touched it i could smell the sweat and blood stench. I should probably ozone clean it once done with western trips for the year and use that. Not like i'm not laying down plenty of scent when out there anyway..

Also, forgot that a couple years ago I bought a small mesh duck decoy bag to hold everything getting sandwiched between the pack frame or mobile stand platform but that doesn't really make things more convenient. Really just wanting to zip open and pull out or zip open and stuff for convenience/speed.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I usually have a pretty good hike up the mountain in the locations I hunt. I keep only the baselayer top/botom, and a light pant on while hiking in. I put layers on after I'm in the tree....if I didn't get to hot with the hike I may put them on before I climb.

I'll often use a popup 28 with either platform or lock-on in the shelf. Bag full of layers, often in a stuff sack to compress.

I've been carrying a stand this year with layers in the stuff sack bungeed to the stand. I've got a couple of sizes of the sack linked below. It really helps to compress and keep layers together. I try to put the layers in the bag the reverse order of how I'll put them on. Once empty, the sack stuffs in it's own zippered top and takes up very little space.

RWA13

FNG
I have tried a couple of different daypacks and a Popup 38, but I find that I just come back to using my Stone Glacier Sky 5900 without the lid. I saddle hunt, but I will put my platform on the load shelf and then load my saddle and clothes in the bag. It's a little big, but I just got tired of constantly cramming stuff into a small pack when I am trying to haul late season gear.

ScottinPA

WKR
I'm looking at a new pack for this late season and into next year. I've always strapped my layers to the pack with the weatherproof outer layer covering the inner insulating layers to keep them dry.
I really dislike cordura for whitetail hunting. To me its too noisy. Just had the Kuiu Divide 1500 and Tenzing 2100 here to try. Both were noisy. The Tenzing was a little quieter but didn't like the layout and the outer strap is too short to be useful. The kuiu layout is much better but too noisy. I used a MR Scapegoat for 5-6 years and liked the layout and fit but the material just got to me. This fall is had the Sitka Tool Bucket. The TB is quiet and the layout is OK but I like a water bladder and the frame sheet is only foam on it so doesn't really off support. Going to order the MR Treehouse 38 to see how it'll work. I read somewhere you can remove the side stiffeners on it to allow it collapse.

The sitka tool buck has straps on the top and bottom to roll up outerwear and strap them down. I sewed webbing to my molle pack that do the same thing and it works well. I prefer this over a giant pack to fit them in because I can use the same pack year round and just add the layers to the outside when needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pezboat

WKR
I’ll often use my Kifaru Minikeg for late season hunts, but I tend to get lazy. Instead of compressing my coat and bibs in the pack, I just drape them half way through the shoulder straps. One on each side. That way, they hang down along side my legs and I don’t have to worry about losing them since they’re visible on each side of me. Works with any pack. Also easier to access once you get to your tree.

Zero pack. Roll them altogether like a bedroll, strap em together with two lashing straps and then use a little length of rope or amsteel to make a sling and sling it over your shoulder.

Alternatively, use a XXL Kuiu dry bag, or something similar, and just shove it all in there, roll it down to squeeze the air out, and lash it to you stand.

I’ve done both but not using a pack at all works best for me.