TTH average shot

KHNC

WKR
What is the average shot distance on the challenge course? 30? 60? Trying to get an idea what to expect. Big difference shooting 60 yards after running distance than doing it relaxed as we all know. Also, is the Hunters 3D shoot still on day 2 of the competition?

Bulldawg

WKR
The colorado event last year shots weren't any farther than 25yd during the challenge course. the hunters 3D course and meat pack were on day one and the challenge was day two

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
Thanks for the info. I think I found another guy to do the PA event as well. Most likely we will be there in July.

elkyinzer

WKR
I've been thinking about doing the PA event, is there a link to what all the events are? Is there any jogging/running or just hiking? I hike and sprint but I was made without that middle gear for distance running somehow.

RyanC

WKR
Hey elkyinzer thanks for your interest in the Train to Hunt Challenge. There are 2 events that will be timed…the Meat Pack and the Challenge Course. The Meat pack is between 1-2 miles with up to 100# pack. The challenge course will have 6 targets with exercises to be performed at each and around 400 yards between targets, give or take depending on set up. The key to the challenge course is #1 don't miss a target (20 burped penalty) and just keep moving. The meat pack is just a grind, no a sprint by no means.

Hope that helps and hope to see in PA!!

Ryan

elkyinzer

WKR
Thanks for the info Ryan. It's a cool idea and the challenge course video is straight out of one of my routine workouts so it seems right up my alley. I am hoping to make it out but we are expecting our first baby on July 10 so I am probably going to be deciding right before, but it's on my radar for sure.

OP
KHNC

KHNC

WKR
Good deal , maybe see you there then! I plan to enter the old timers division of 40+. Never thought I would see myself type that. lol