TUO Gear?

OP
J

jdvanstar

WKR
Dunno - don’t care so much I guess. I’ve been looking for a nice light-ish puffy and this looks like it’d be perfect.

OP
J

jdvanstar

WKR
Got the puffy. It is a thinner puffy jacket, which I don’t mind as long as it’s warm - I was a fan of the Sitka Kelvin for that reason. This one definitely is. Surprisingly quiet and good in the rain. Shot a moose in a solid Rain wearing the clement as an outer and stayed totally dry. Cool to see smaller companies start up and make bomber gear

I have been thinking about trying some of their stuff… zero info, so pretty much have to buy and try

I think I’ll start with the merino pants and go from there and see how they stack up to obsidians. Despite the lack of durability, I like the obsidians for rifle blacktail hunting, they are about the perfect pant for that and I get some life out of them and almost always wear gaiters and often have them covered with rain gear… I have a feeling merino pants are difficult to do right and that’s why we don’t see more options

If tuo did a better job than first lite, I want them… hopefully they aren’t like the old kanabs, those were horrible, I think I went through 3 pairs ripping in the crotch before just giving the replacements away hoping they worked for someone else

The limited line tuo has looks interesting

jscott8

FNG
I’ve been running Tuo for a month or so and their stuff is no joke. Base layers, Clime pants, Clement puffy, and Vision jacket kept me warm in 20 degree temps for three straight days of coyote and deer hunting from sun up to sun down and even a bit of thermal at night. Everything kept me warm and dry in the temps with 20ish mph wind and a bit of snow.