UFC 294

Vaultman

WKR
Is it more or less anticipated after the change ups this week?
I am bummed that Oliveira is out.
And for some reason I do not understand, I am excited to see Usman.

More.

Don’t forget with it being in Abu Dhabi, the fights start at 2p EST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Vaultman

Vaultman

WKR
Early prelims start at 7am on the West Coast. Coffee and UFC!

I like Volk but I really want to see Gaethje take Makhachev for the title. Hard call for me there.
Rooting for Usman in the co-main. That could be a short one, but I am sure if Usman can gets to the score cards he'll have it wrapped.

Think usman is going to get retired here. Breaks my heart. Khamzat too big strong and young. Praying to the mma gods otherwise. Volk got robbed in last fight I think. Volk and Usman winning would be craaaazy

OXN939

WKR
Think usman is going to get retired here. Breaks my heart. Khamzat too big strong and young. Praying to the mma gods otherwise. Volk got robbed in last fight I think. Volk and Usman winning would be craaaazy

100% with you on all these. Usman looked, in the Edwards rematch, a lot like Cowboy and Tony did in their last few fights... slow and uncoordinated. I think Khamzat ragdolls him. Hot take here, but this is at best bad timing for Volk. 11 days to prepare for a dude as skilled as Islam is a tough sell in any universe, but a month after having a kid is a really shit time to go all in like this for a lot of reasons.

Opening day of archery here in FL, so I'll be in a treestand watching the sherdog updates. Always something wild goes down when that's all I've got hah

OP
Vaultman

Vaultman

WKR
True @OXN939 , the short notice for both Volk and Usman could certainly make it rough.

Usman had one bad fight, the Edwards rematch. He was a very dominate champ until 24:30 into his first fight with Edwards. So in my mind, he has really only had the 5 bad rounds.

Khamzat though... That is going to be rough. The way he did Li Jinglian and Kevin Holland. If Usman can keep him on the outside (big IF) then there is a chance.

OXN939

WKR
So in my mind, he has really only had the 5 bad rounds.

Valid point for sure. But he has a bunch of pretty serious injuries, and after an acute TBI like he got in the first Edwards fight... lots of dudes are never the same. Reyes after Jiri. Tony after Chandler. Askren after Masvidal. We'll see tomorrow, but I think his only path to victory is if he gets lucky with that Usman jab.

On that note, if the big man upstairs would see fit to allow Tony one last moment of brilliance to KO Paddy in December and then ride off into the sunset, I would never ask for anything MMA related again. For like a month.

OXN939

WKR

I gotta start betting on these

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
Usamn chimaev very well could have been a draw. Usman probably wins in a 5 rounder. Strickland eastily beats chimaev as strickland is better off his back than usman and his cardio will melt chimaev after he survives the first round.

OP
Vaultman

Vaultman

WKR
I gotta start betting on these
You would have won this weekend!.
Volk getting that head kick when he was blocking the body kick, reminded me of Rose doing that to Weili. There have been some great head kicks these last few years. Those two, Gaethje to Poirier, Chandler to Ferg...