Unit 4 Colorado

Going out for 1st rifle season, was wondering if anyone could give me information on terrain, scale of 1-10 on hiking. Also I was told that I could camp anywhere inside national park, is this true? Thought about setting up camp at Freeman reservoir, has anyone camped in or around that area? And finally do I need to get a park or vehicle pass? Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum. If you meant to write "camp anywhere inside national forest," you are mostly correct. Google Earth shows a campground @ Freeman reservoir, so using the campground is probably expected near there. No idea if there is a fee @ the campground, but Google knows.

Thought about pulling my small 6x10 cargo trailer out there to keep gear dry and protected during trip and then just set up cots inside trailer to sleep. Is this logical or should I plan on plan on tent

Very logical. I would make a cook/mess/gear tent from a tarp and ridge pole just outside the door of trailer. Makes for a good spot to cook and get dressed etc.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back