Unit 63 in WY

Npento89

FNG
Pulled a tag for Unit 63 in Wyoming, has anyone been up there, what is the terrain like? Are there a lot of antelope up there?

Terrain is rolling with some granite outcrops. Cool country, no shortage of speed goats. I think you'll have a fun time.

OP
N

Npento89

FNG
Planning to wear my Sitka subalpine, will that pattern match the terrain pretty well?

wytx

WKR
Wear an orange vest instead of a hat so when you peak over rises your hat is not so visible.
I bet it's dry and brown out there with low sage, maybe tall sage, but not very green.
The color will be fine, you'll be bent over or crawling anyway to sneak. Hope you have knee pads and leather gloves.

Pueblo

FNG
LOL....I agree with the pink tutu comment. I hunted 69 last year and had to make a game out of not shooting the first dozen or so I found. I still tagged out by 9AM. Watch for the prickly pear cactus!

Very low sage and very dry. Terrain is your friend.

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
Planning to wear my Sitka subalpine, will that pattern match the terrain pretty well?
Camo is irrelevant. Don't think I've ever worn anything camouflage for rifle hunting antelope.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

I’ve got the type 2 tag for 63 myself for this year. We had a chance to run up and take a look at access points and such and drive pretty much across 63. There’s definitely some terrain to use to your advantage in the center of the unit and it’s close to water. Antelope everywhere. Keep off the trigger and you should kill a good goat. We seen a couple really nice bucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk