Unknown Munitions, Hawkins, Area419, APA st brakes

Chad E

WKR
I recently switched to ti pro brakes on two of my rifles and am super impressed.

Rifle #1 is a remington 700 chambered in 300 rum. I originally had it threaded for a brake several years back and Mike at Hells Canyon armory did the work for me and put a seekins 4 port on it. It was obviously a huge improvement from unbraked but after putting it in a carbon stock recoil was still fairly stout but manageable. I shot it this way for several years. I just recently picked up a 5 port ti off the classifieds and installed it on the rifle. It's a dramatic improvement in felt recoil. I couldn't believe how pleasant it was to shoot prone off a bipod the last few sessions.

Rifle #2 is a tikka chambered in 7 saum I had built last year. When it was built I ended up with a 3 port stabbed muscle brake on it. It did just fine at reducing recoil but a full house load pushing a 180 grain bullet was still noticeable and spotting hits was difficult. Also I went with a heavier contour barrel than I should have and was looking at options to reduce weight. I swapped out the muscle brake for a ti pro 4 port. I dropped multiple ounces off the rifle and spotting hits is way easier if I do my part.

Neither case is a fair apples to apples comparison because I moved up in port # both times but after shooting both rifles a few times at the range now I am extremely happy with the TI pro brakes.

Love my ti pro 5 port if grabbed from a prize table at NRL hunter.

Will buy more for other builds.

After seeing the MDT video on muzzle brakes and number of ports I'll be getting 4 ports.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR

After seeing the MDT video on muzzle brakes and number of ports I'll be getting 4 ports.

I'm screwing around at the bow range, but I'll link that video here when I get home. I haven't watched it, but it sounds like a good resource for here.

OP
sndmn11

sndmn11

WKR

Is it this one?