USGI improved duffle.

moab

FNG
The younger guys are well aware of these. But when I was in the Marine Corps all we had were top load canvas duffles. These are far superior. And cheap.

The USGI improved duffle makes a great hunting/camping bag. Or bags. For all that stuff you need to transfer to and from your vehicle. It's a duffle bag and a backpack. Large capacity and it's water resistant. Made out of really tough nylon. Not canvas like the old days.

You can get these all over. And cheaper for used. But they have painted sections and names and wear. Allegheny Surplus Outlet on ebay has these for $38.90. in brand new excellent ondition.

If you want anything surplus buy it from them. They have the best surplus for the best prices. With VERY accurate descriptions. Don't be fooled by others "good, very good and excellent" descriptions. Allegheny has never failed me in over 20 yrs. If they say it's in a specific condition. They also tell you exactly what that description means. And that is exactly what you will get. Other surplus sellers use condition terms ("good, very good and excellent") on a very wide scale. You might save 4 or 5 bucks. You never know what you are actually getting.

Allegheny has a huge selection of surplus. And do an excellent job of separating surplus and very fairly grading it.

$38.90 and they are in brand new condition. I bought two for my vehicle. Better than boxes or cases. As they will form fit into your vehicle. Taking up as little room as possible. Boxes or totesalwayskeave dead space within them. And you might get 2.5 boxes I to your cargo area. But there is always that.5 of box space left dead. If I load anything fragile put it in a case inside the bag.

If you have to hump that crap anywhere. They have Alice type shoulder straps. As well as a normal duffle bag handle. These are made burly. Will never wear out. I can't imagine how much a civilian version would cost. They are made entirely if heavy duty, water resistant, nylon fabric and heavy stitching. And have a clear window in one end for slipping a label of contents into.

Screenshot_20240502_144504_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240502_144518_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20240502_144528_eBay.jpg20240502_163057.jpg20240502_163115.jpg

Above is one of two I received. Brand new.

Back