Vetrical grip options

WKR

WKR
What are some of the other options out there for a xlr chassis vertical grip? Other than the ergo and carbon offerings from xlr and mdt.

MK Machining and Black Collar arms off the top of my head. MK has one that's within 1/2 oz of that silly carbon one with a thumb shelf for $40

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Is this the one you were talking about?

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR

Is this the one you were talking about?
That one is for AR lowers with the beavertail not chassis.

Thats the one I am using on my chassis.

DEW0341

WKR
MPA EVG grip. For me it’s the best I’ve tried out of 5 or 6 on a chassis. You’ll need to use a file or dremel for an exact fit but it’s totally feasible and a great option for about $40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Good catch. Thanks. Almost bought the other one.
Yup no worries,
Those crossover grips are like half an ounce heavier than the carbon grip.

And they also have a model with a molded in thumbshelf, I have one of each and prefer the non shelf model on the xlr chassis with the screw on thumbshelf.

I think on a different chassis the molded in thumbshelf grip would work better but with the xlr it doesn't give enough room so your thumb has barely any purchase on the grip.

MPA EVG grip. For me it’s the best I’ve tried out of 5 or 6 on a chassis. You’ll need to use a file or dremel for an exact fit but it’s totally feasible and a great option for about $40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t see any info on weight. Do you know how many oz?

I have helped a few guys sort this out on their XLR chassis. The width and grip interface area is not ideal for our Precision (thumb rest) version of our VCG line. You will more likely happier with our RECCE grip. Someone also posted our skeletonized ULCG grip here, but that was not really intended for chassis guys, however it is super light weight.

The VCG RECCE grip is my go-to for chassis guns anymore. I know that's biased so take it for what it is. A lot of guys really like the thumbs shelf, hence why we make one, but I have generally had chassis that had some sort of thumb shelf built in.

Ergo makes some nice grips and a whole lot of guys like them. I'm just not a fan of the rubber overmolded grips like the Ergo and Hogue produce. They always seem to get snagged on clothing or something with the rubber texture. Although, they sure do feel nice in the hands.

ID_Matt

WKR
I think I will snag one of the VCG Recce grips to replace my ergo vertical. I need to cut about 2 ounces for NRL Hunter, and I think this might do the trick.

I think I will snag one of the VCG Recce grips to replace my ergo vertical. I need to cut about 2 ounces for NRL Hunter, and I think this might do the trick.
Thanks man! NRL Hunter can be a bear to make weight. I had a customer the other day ask about putting a ZCO on his NRL Hunter rig. I love ZCO's, but man are they heavy. It makes me wonder where else he cut weight to get below 16lbs.

The RECCE grip is pretty damn light. Our Skeletonized version is even lighter, but you loose a bit of grip length and the nice near vertical angle.

ID_Matt

WKR
Thanks man! NRL Hunter can be a bear to make weight. I had a customer the other day ask about putting a ZCO on his NRL Hunter rig. I love ZCO's, but man are they heavy. It makes me wonder where else he cut weight to get below 16lbs.

The RECCE grip is pretty damn light. Our Skeletonized version is even lighter, but you loose a bit of grip length and the nice near vertical angle.
I have plenty of room for weight in reality.... I feel like a gamer, but I am 12.1 lbs currently with 16 ounces of side weights in an XLR chassis. Gun balances so perfect with the weights, so if I can find a way to keep them on and shoot lite class, i'd like to, and this seems like the perfect way.