Victory VAP SS without any outserts?

buggz

FNG
Anyone use the Victory VAP SS Elite shaft without Victory outserts?
Would Iron Will HIT components work?

OP
buggz

buggz

FNG
I just successfully removed a factory outsert from a Victory VAP SS Elite shaft.
I confirm that the Iron Will impact collar from one of my Easton 4mm FMJ Injexion shaft fits perfectly.
So, I will guess that any 4mm HIT insert will work properly.

I have been using a butane torch for my arrow duties.
However, I am thinking a heat gun with adjustable heat setting and digital readout would
be the more safe solution for the arrow, and for not having an open flame.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Yes, VAPs have a .166 ID so the .166 HITs will work fine. Note: they are Deep Six threads so need Deep Six broadheads and field points. I know a few people using our HITs and Impact Collars with Victory VAPs.

Trout bum

Lil-Rokslider
Do you recommend using the VAP SS elite insert with the solid 100 grain IW BH for elk? Getting a whole new setup this year and was wondering about that combo on a 300 spine. Thanks!

Anyone use the Victory VAP SS Elite shaft without Victory outserts?
Would Iron Will HIT components work?
If you are interested in sticking with victory components for VAP arrow diameter, I would not recommend anything other than their shok TL (taper lock) design.

In my experience from using both the victory shok then shok TL over the last 3 years, the TL provides a considerably more consistent degree of straightness as your shot count racks up. I barely had enough of the shoks spin straight enough to throw a broadhead on come Sept a couple years ago after a year of shooting. Different story with the TLs this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
buggz

buggz

FNG
If you are interested in sticking with victory components for VAP arrow diameter, I would not recommend anything other than their shok TL (taper lock) design.

In my experience from using both the victory shok then shok TL over the last 3 years, the TL provides a considerably more consistent degree of straightness as your shot count racks up. I barely had enough of the shoks spin straight enough to throw a broadhead on come Sept a couple years ago after a year of shooting. Different story with the TLs this year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks for this information.

Bill V

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you recommend using the VAP SS elite insert with the solid 100 grain IW BH for elk? Getting a whole new setup this year and was wondering about that combo on a 300 spine. Thanks!
I'm not a fan of aluminum half-outs in case you get a hard impact, but that arrow with a steel or titanium half-out should work well.