Vortek Striker fire Help

Jmort1754

WKR
I have a Vortek that is a spare gun trying to get it sighted in.

Will shoot great, then it shoots like shit, then it shoots great again.

Doesn't matter clean barrel, dirty barrel, clean barrel. Cold warm doesn't matter

Powder is weighed and not by volume

I have tried--

Scorpion pt gold- Crush rib and regular black sabot
Fed Bor Lock
Hornady Bore Driver
CVA Powerbelt
Barnes TEZ

Blackhorn powder

CCI209M- ( almost out)
W209

Scope has been tightened and retorqued.

Any in put?

What type powder?

What’s great vs shitt?

How many shots are you firing each time you come to the conclusion that it’s shooting great?

I see a lot of guys that fire one shot or a three-shot group that looks good and assume the rifle is shooting great. It really takes a 5-20 shot string to really predict what the muzzy (or any rifle) is really capable of (statistically).

Wrench

WKR
I just helped a friend last night with the same gun. It shot a 460gr no excuses on 80 grs of swiss into tight groups at 1340fps. He dinged our 10" 200yd gong every time. We had decent results with 777 3f loose which shot about 2.5" at 100. 200 yard accuracy was not as good as swiss 2f. All powder used a 1/2" felt wad.

Wrench

WKR
Fwiw, the rifle above was mine and he traded me a Remington 700ml on the spot because the strikerfire was shooting so well. Don't be afraid of old school powder. This is musket caps for ignition.

My dad recently struggled with consistent accuracy from the same gun. Like you, he tried several bullets as well as a few different powders. What finally worked for him was a simple load of (2) 50/50 pyrodex pellets and a 240 grain hornady xtp. He got consistent, repeatable accuracy after that.