WA state FNG.

Gooseby

FNG
Hey all. Names Chris, resident of issaquah, Washington now for two years after escaping Las Vegas Nevada which I grew up in my entire life. Grew up hunting birds with my dad but that was quite some time ago. I’m 24, work in the concert industry as a rigger. Looking to get into big game for the upcoming season, have had some success in the last year just wandering around with my girlfriend and shooting some birds. Big into backcountry skiing, rock climbing, ice climbing, backpacking, fishing. Hope to glean some info off of you guys and get out this year! My girlfriend has really gotten into the self sustainability of hunting as well and she’s looking to join me this year and im very grateful for that.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

Ghanson4

Lil-Rokslider
Hey all. Names Chris, resident of issaquah, Washington now for two years after escaping Las Vegas Nevada which I grew up in my entire life. Grew up hunting birds with my dad but that was quite some time ago. I’m 24, work in the concert industry as a rigger. Looking to get into big game for the upcoming season, have had some success in the last year just wandering around with my girlfriend and shooting some birds. Big into backcountry skiing, rock climbing, ice climbing, backpacking, fishing. Hope to glean some info off of you guys and get out this year! My girlfriend has really gotten into the self sustainability of hunting as well and she’s looking to join me this year and im very grateful for that.
I’m in SW WA but deer hunt north central WA if you ever need someone to go with.

OP
G

Gooseby

FNG
That would be great. Once I can message people I’ll shoot you my contact info - learning to hunt by yourself is kind of a case of “not knowing what you don’t know.”

Ghanson4

Lil-Rokslider
That would be great. Once I can message people I’ll shoot you my contact info - learning to hunt by yourself is kind of a case of “not knowing what you don’t know.”
I know exactly what you mean. I’m only 25 and have been teaching myself how to hunt for a few years now.

OP
G

Gooseby

FNG
Small world! If you ever wanna talk fish or tasty animals over a brew let me know! Things are slow with work right now so I’ve mostly been skiing and fishing.

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
Small world! If you ever wanna talk fish or tasty animals over a brew let me know! Things are slow with work right now so I’ve mostly been skiing and fishing.
Haha - my work is absurd right now - but I am pretending it isn't while cruising Rokslide. :) Are you going to the BHA event at Filson?

OP
G

Gooseby

FNG
I didn’t know it existed but im now interested. When is it and where?

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
I didn’t know it existed but im now interested. When is it and where?
The 27th I think at Filson downtown - I am 50/50 on whether or not I am going - have a 1 year old and taking nights to myself are Very Rare - not sure I can sneak off to the event - but hoping to.

OP
G

Gooseby

FNG
I’ll try to make it. If you see me say hi - my name is Chris and I have long black hair and glasses. Can’t miss me.

Roy_H

FNG
I live nearby you in Wa. I to am New to the forum, but once we get PM access, maybe we can get in touch.

Welcome, I'm close by in Bellevue. If you're interested in a backpacking/fishing destination for next summer check out Lake Ingalls. It's not a secret spot or anything, pretty popular hike but most people day hike it. And it's tough enough to keep the crowds down. There's a nice valley area to camp in relatively close to the lake (quarter mile away maybe). Bonus potential for mountain goat sightings. Don't pee close to your tent or hammock...might get a pokey surprise in the AM.

Attachments

• IMG_6553.jpg
    IMG_6553.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3983.JPG
    IMG_3983.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 10