Western Edge Gear Youth Pack

reaperukon

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been trying out multiple packs the last few years trying to find something that my little partners could use to carry a portion of their gear in the backcountry. I’ve used a couple packs from the backpacking world, a mystery ranch, an exo with a small belt and a Teton brand pack. They all left us a little wanting at the end. So I happened across Western Edge Gear by Steve Rude. A couple good comments from various members in various forums and I had to give it a try. I wanted something they could carry in the back country and it feel and work just like a smaller version of one of my big packs. Steve was quick to reply to my email and we quickly set out picking colors for the pack. I had an idea of what I wanted, but he offered a few suggestions and I’m happy he offered them. The whole process could not have been smoother. He built the bag out just like I wanted and it’s in the mail Monday. I had to share a pick of the finished product and I’ll add some real world takes on its ability in the next few weeks.
1c170bd42525196ac906ad9ea3dad227.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldhorse

WKR
I have looked at these packs online, no firsthand experience. They look like a really solid choice for young or very small people. Would love to hear from anyone with real field experience with these packs.

My son uses one. It seems built well enough I want to have Steve build me a custom bag for myself. I just need to get some free time and design exactly what I want.

OP
reaperukon

reaperukon

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the pack in the mail and tried it on my son. Fits like a dream. Simple design that looks like it will really work. We have another hike/hunt coming up next weekend. Will send some pics and review.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk