Western Hunting Blaze Orange for Backpacks

Jethro

WKR
I hang a cheap orange vest on the back of my pack. Always in rifle seasons, most always even in archery if other gun seasons are open. Good too to hang it on a rack if you're packing something out.

I've often thought when I have my pack on back, bino harness on front, not much of my orange vest is visible form anywhere.

MNBill

Lil-Rokslider
Mystery Ranch has a blaze orange pack rain cover. If you need one…why not blaze? Like others have said, I have blaze orange on to try to keep from getting shot. I also keep blaze orange flagging tape in my kill kit for the pack out.

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
I use a blaze orange stick-it from Mystery Ranch on my Exo K4 pack during rifle season. I use quick release buckles to attach so it is easily removed for archery season or access to zippers. I typically do not wear an orange hat so from the back it is hard to see any orange without the stick-it attached.

My buddy uses an orange panel like you mentioned and I have an orange lid on my pack. With blaze vests and sometimes hats, the extra on the pack seems to only be helpful when we've split up and we're trying to track each other down.

Shane802

FNG

I use this Ultralight Signal Panel / VS17 Panel, really light and folds up small enough to fit into a bino harness. In NV it isn’t mandatory but we used it while we were packing out an elk.

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
I use a blaze orange Kifaru grab it on the outside of my pack. Serves multiple purposes, great for stuffing a jacket makes it easy to take out or put away without having to stuff into your main pocket or move anything in your pack. I also put the antlers on outside of pack and hold tight against the outside of pack when packing out