Western WA

Hey I was wondering has anybody Hunted the west side of WA for Rosie's. If so what are so tips and strategies you used to be successful I planned on going early archery this year and was wanting to see if anybody had any tips. I'm not looking for honey holes just information regarding tactics and calling etc.. lmk guys!!

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of people, some elk depending on where you go. Stick to cow calls and raking as using your bugle tube announces your location broadly and you may find 2 or 3 other dudes chasing you around. I've had a number of hot bulls going only to have dudes appear from up wind and blowing up my whole program. You likely can't get deep enough to get away from people. If you're in the right area you'll get into elk every day. Figuring out how to get close to them without having it blown up by other hunters is the real hard part.

OP
D
Thanks for the tip, yeah I was hoping to get deep in the thick of things I was worried about other hunters kinda the bad thing about hunting public.

Archer86

WKR
Most yes but there are some that you don't and are walk in only I never wasted money on a logging company I had to buy a permit for some of that may have changed since I have been there 3 years ago. You will have to do some reasearch and find out what company's have land in the areas you are hunting

OP
D
Most yes but there are some that you don't and are walk in only I never wasted money on a logging company I had to buy a permit for some of that may have changed since I have been there 3 years ago. You will have to do some reasearch and find out what company's have land in the areas you are hunting
Yeah looks like I have allot of researching to do haha

I have bought a few permits over the years and I was never disappointed. I like to be where there are fewer people.

OP
D
So do you need permits to hunt the land or just to drive on the roads? Do they give you keys to the gates or do you just park and have permission to be behind the gate ? Sorry for the many questions it's just allot to take in

The ones I did they sent you a key to the gate. It is good for the year then they change all the locks. You got access to the roads, the land and you could camp there if you wanted to.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
My experience with the permits is where there is a road someone will be driving it. So if you are wanting to try and walk to get away from people the permit will be disheartening. I know it can be successful walking where others are driving it is just a tough pill to swallow for me.

OP
D
My experience with the permits is where there is a road someone will be driving it. So if you are wanting to try and walk to get away from people the permit will be disheartening. I know it can be successful walking where others are driving it is just a tough pill to swallow for me.

I pm’d you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same reason I’m not buying my permit again this year…

You can get some more backcountry feeling in the walk-in only areas, but active logging along with brush picking and whatever else is happening can still make some traffic at times.