What Cylinder Stove - 18"-20"

ndbuck09

WKR
What cylinder stove should I go with? Lite Outdoors, TiGoat, Smith or something I'm overlooking??

As the subject implies, I'm trying to decide on a cylinder stove. I had posted on an old thread about the light outdoors but I think I just need to move to my own thread on this.

I’ve owned the Lite Outdoors and partner owns the TiGoat cylinder stove. Currently running the Smith Cylinder Stove and couldn’t be happier.

The LO stove with its giant front door seemed like a great idea when I bought it. However, putting it to use I found the giant front door let way too many embers pop out of it. When I tried to shut the door and just use the damper for control it rattled like crazy from oxygen starving. Never had either issue with my Smith stove.

Partner and I like the TiGoat well enough but it’s got a lot of small parts and pieces to it. Always afraid of losing something that might render it useless on the mtn.

Smith stove is the lightest, easiest to assemble, no parts to lose, cylinder stove we’ve found to date. We’ll continue to use it until something better comes along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk