What to do with a Rem 7600

Tod osier

WKR
Just putting out feelers as what to do with this thing for a possible down the road project. Its a 6 rem, and seeing as they don't make ammo for it anymore (I kid, kind of) what would you do with it? Would you do anything with it? Chop the barrel and buy some ammo and call it a day. I don't know much about the rem 7400/7600's are they reliable, problematic, do they have the same trigger problems the 700's have?

This is more of a what can you do with them as a build platform. Or is it just a waste of time and money?

I always find those small/fast calibers of 7600s interesting, they seem pretty common, but odd to me for a brush gun type rifle.

I have a 35 Whelen 7600 and I did get the trigger worked on, but it is a crazy creepy thing even though it is smooth and light. I can shoot it well especially given the recoil and it is accurate and will stand with a lot of bolt guns. I don't use it, but I will keep it forever, I just like it.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
As someone who started hunting in a camp full of 760’s and 7600 I will say that they are a good, serviceable rifle for hunting up here in PA. If it was a 30-06 I’d say do what you want with it but the 6mm Rem is a much more valuable one and may be worth some money if you don’t have a sentimental attachment too it.

My Dad just got one redone, rifle was picked up cheap and rusty in 30-06 so he had it refinished and ran it a couple years until the barrel died. Now it has an 18” fluted and threaded barrel on it and will get its maiden season next year as a suppressed driving gun.

grfox92

WKR
Sell it to me or another WKR. It's one of my bucket list guns.

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk