Wisconsin -> North Carolina?

Don’t do it

Ask her to come with you to WY, MT, etc and start a new life in a place you want to live that is new for both of you.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Wow.

A quick google search indicates NC is more obese than WI……?……
Lotta folks from Wisconsin moving in ... LOL

R.90e5b7f78ad175aa8a84b69c9ebe6802

When I search "Are Wisconsin or North Carolina women fatter?" the Google replies "Yes" ....

So I don't know where you are getting your information ... LOL

If you visited and didn’t love it, you’re not going to love it anymore as time goes by. I lived in eastern NC for 3 years and I wouldn’t go back. I grew up in the west, and NC was too different from what I was used to. Not knocking the state or the people, I just didn’t like it. I expect a large majority of them wouldn’t like my home state either.

I’ve lived in a lot of places and NC was the most frustrating. Lots of little things that made no sense to me. Need to get a permit to buy a pistol. All of the interactions with the county and school district were unnecessarily difficult. Had to drive 20 miles to county seat to stand in line to do simple licensing things that could have been done online of by mail. I couldn’t pay to throw trash away at the dump, I needed to prove where I lived and then got issued a sticker that said I was allowed to throw big things away, but not household trash.

Bugs everywhere all year long, hot, humid, lack of public access land close by, some of the most confusing liquor laws…obviously not all areas of the state are the same though.

There were some great people and there were some rotten ones. Pretty much what you’d find in any state. The people were much more intrusive that I was used to. If you are not a churchgoer be prepared for a lot of invites, silent judging and constant references to their particular church.

That being said, I did a lot of fishing and a lot of shooting and enjoyed those activities.

OP
K

KWT

FNG
Everyone here is reiterating many of the same thoughts and feelings that i have

That said, I have no effing idea what Im going to do

Warmsy

WKR
Everyone here is reiterating many of the same thoughts and feelings that i have

That said, I have no effing idea what Im going to do
Trust your gut. Especially if you go into the situation with hangups... You'll just confirm your hangups.

Mojave

WKR
Simple math problem.

There is a woman you are involved with in South Carolina. You will never feel at home there.

There are women in Wisconsin. That know how to snowmobile, and ice fish. That won't complain about how cold it is. That will probably chop wood, and not wreck your new truck in .001 of an inch of snow.

Swamp Fox

WKR
Simple math problem.

There is a woman you are involved with in South Carolina. You will never feel at home there.

There are women in Wisconsin. That know how to snowmobile, and ice fish. That won't complain about how cold it is. That will probably chop wood, and not wreck your new truck in .001 of an inch of snow

Wait ... There's a girl in South Carolina, too?

You poor SOB ... That means you're surrounded.

"It's a trick, General! There's two of them!"

Some of you boys will know that joke.

TheHammer

WKR
First off you sound like a young buck…? Mid 20s? As males, we have the tendency to make our lives more difficult than they need to be. We have to learn the hard way. In my mid 20s I dated a billionaires daughter n moved from Wi to the woodlands tx. It was a mistake I had to make to set me on the path I’m currently on in life. So we all can advise you x,y&z. But truth of the matter is you are going to do it anyways, even though you know you should not. The best advice I can give you is, never do for somebody else who isn’t willing to do the same for you. Also get “red pill” aware. What part of Wisconsin?

ODB

WKR
The best advice I can give you is, never do for somebody else who isn’t willing to do the same for you. Also get “red pill” aware. What part of Wisconsin?

Not bad advice at all. I moved for a chick, then she moved for me, then we moved together. it'll be 22 years this sept.

As far as NC, I used to live in a small town I'll never name while I was writing a book, and I would move there again in a heartbeat. There was a way of life you fell into and it was great. But being the peripatetic soul I am, I just can't stop wondering what's 'over there.'

MTgunguru

FNG
First time poster, long time lurker. I have the opportunity to move to North Carolina (Raleigh suburb) and I'm hoping for some insight. I've spent the last 5 weeks down here and I'm having a hard time trying to fit in. 34 years old, no kids. Love all things whitetail in Wisconsin, MTB, XC skiing, trail running. All my family lives in WI. We share a cabin in northern Wisconsin where we have a traditonal "deer camp" for gun season.

I try to take at least one trip out west a year and love everything about it. Have hunted all over and plan to keep doing so.

Curious to see if anyone has any insight to North Carolina? What am I missing. Spent some time in the mountains of western NC and a couple weekends at the beach. Idk why but the area just rubs me the wrong way

Below is my '22 montana bull
View attachment 588311
Get out of your comfort zone. You have to approach people.