WY Antelope Unit 080-6 on Irrigated Land???

Matt9122

FNG
I was lucky enough to draw a tag for this season in Wyoming 080-6. This was my first year applying and what I didn't realize was that the unit allows hunting on irrigated land only. I've done a good amount of research and am finding a very small amount of irrigated land open to hunt. I'll be calling the local game warden to get some local information, but I figured I would see if anyone could nudge me in a direction. I'll be trying with a bow for the first time too, so I don't have super high hopes of getting anything on a stalk, but it would be nice to at least have an opportunity for some meat. Especially with my 7 year old daughter tagging along. Either way, I'm sure it will be a beautiful trip and the wife and kid are excited just to get out of Florida and into some good horse riding country. Thanks all.

Laramie

WKR
I was lucky enough to draw a tag for this season in Wyoming 080-6. This was my first year applying and what I didn't realize was that the unit allows hunting on irrigated land only. I've done a good amount of research and am finding a very small amount of irrigated land open to hunt. I'll be calling the local game warden to get some local information, but I figured I would see if anyone could nudge me in a direction. I'll be trying with a bow for the first time too, so I don't have super high hopes of getting anything on a stalk, but it would be nice to at least have an opportunity for some meat. Especially with my 7 year old daughter tagging along. Either way, I'm sure it will be a beautiful trip and the wife and kid are excited just to get out of Florida and into some good horse riding country. Thanks all.
It's beautiful country. Enjoy the sightseeing trip.

If you want to shoot your doe, you need to gain some private permission. That tag is designed to help out landowners who are having damage to their crops. Give the area game warden a call.

OP
Matt9122

Matt9122

FNG
It's beautiful country. Enjoy the sightseeing trip.

If you want to shoot your doe, you need to gain some private permission. That tag is designed to help out landowners who are having damage to their crops. Give the area game warden a call.
That's what I was thinking. I'm going a few days early to see if I can get in touch with some locals. Thanks for the insight.

Scorpion

WKR
Use the Wyoming Game & Fish website to see if there are any landowners enrolled for potential access.

You’re very likely going to be limited to private land, as I doubt there is much (if any) irrigated land that is public in that area.

Most of the antelope aren’t going to be in what I’d consider to be nice horse riding country but you’ll be close to the mountains of the North Fork or South Fork.