Wyoming Freak

View attachment 614585I found this guy in Wyoming antelope area *** on 10/15/2023. As you can see, the terrain was flat and cover sparse. He bedded down with his back to us which allowed us to close to 471 yards. I went prone and dialed in my dope. I sent a 147 grain Hornady ELDM from my Tikka T3X CTR 6.5 Creedmoor. He was hit hard and went down quickly.

View attachment 614582
Congratulations!

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! I’ve got a couple points to burn and debated spending this past year but gonna be next year after being in three weddings… weird how priorities change. Another point collector just waiting

Sako76

WKR
Heck yeah! Great buck! I’m calling fake news on the 471 yard shot with the 6.5 Creedmoor! Everybody knows the bullet will bounce off at that distance! Well done!

Thank you all for the kind words. I will definitely get him mounted. I'm not sure whether to do a European mount or traditional. I didn't see any sign of previous injury. I assume his horns are the product of a genetic defect. The visibility in his right eye was definitely impaired by the droopy right horn. Here's a pic showing the terrain and direction of the shot. It made for a challenging stalk.

View attachment 615099
I love a good shoulder mount, but I think I'd opt for a European on that guy. 👍

Syncerus1

FNG
The weird ones make a statement - I'm unique! - kinda like the guy who shot me. In Euro circles, German especially, the weird horned game is highly valued.