Wyoming River float

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
I tried searching to see if this is possible but can you float rivers in wyoming to reach blm lands that are land locked?

Will_m

WKR
I can't say for sure, but I think some states out west have some strange water laws, including actually owning the water which passes through private property. You may want to start there.

OP
Tcole75

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
I think ive found the info and it looks possible to float the river as long as you dont get out till you reach public land. Ive thought about doing this to get to some blm land but it would be a long ass ways back out with an elk not sure if its worth trying.

I must have just missed your last post sorry. Sounds like you're getting it figured out. Yeah I have to say that every time I have thought about float-in hunting around the West, the logistics often become so much of a burden that it makes it seem not at all worth it most of the time.

Last edited:
OP
Tcole75

Tcole75

Lil-Rokslider
In wyomings it does state you can get out to get around something that's non navigable but also states you can't touch the bottom so a little unsure on this.

JRMiller

WKR
I tried searching to see if this is possible but can you float rivers in wyoming to reach blm lands that are land locked?
As far as i can tell if you launch from public and only land on public you may.
I did the same research a few weeks ago as theres an island on a river shown as public that i’d like to scout for whitetail this season.
Logistically i may not end up choosing that route, but im confident i may if i want to.

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
Yes you can, but remember a river only flows one direction. How you getting out?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

wyosam

WKR
There are a few places I can think where this would be great, if you could hunt elk in May or June instead of September or October. Not much water left by fall. I guess I did hunt deer from my sea kayak below Fontanelle one year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk