Wyoming unit 20 doe’s help

heatstroke18

Lil-Rokslider
Me and a buddy and headed out to Wyoming in a month with 3 doe tags and 2 cow elk tags. First timers.... I have done some EScouting and talked to a friends dad who lives out there, but if there is anyone looking to help or pass on some knowledge we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance

I did my first Antelope hunt this year. Not really much to knowledge to pass on for doe Antelope. Find the pieces of public ground and go look at them. If the unit holds Antelope, you will see them. It sounds simple and easy, because it is. We tagged out on the second day as a group, filled 9 tags. If they are not there in the morning, drive back by at different times. You can see them a long way off.

We would literally shoot one for out of a group and they would run around and often get closer to us. Then just stop. It was very entertaining. We filled our 4 buck tags on the first day and I watched another hunter kill one right next to us. Antelope are everywhere, hopefully your unit holds them. That would be the main question. Not sure how far west they are.

If you are taking unit 20 antelope - the season closes on 11/15 so that wouldn't give you guys much time especially if the weather turns ugly. Good luck though be sure to let us know how it goes!

Make sure those antelope you shoot don't have a black patch of hair on the side of their head. In a month (mid-November and later) quite a few of the bucks will have lost their horn sheaths and all that will be visible is the horn core. At this stage the bucks can resemble a doe with horns.

Edit: I just checked and the antelope season in Hunt Area 20 closes on November 15.

ClearCreek

Last edited:
Not to be a pessimist but I covered a bit of ground on foot and road today in 20/21. Tons of pressure and I didn't see a single antelope on the limited public ground in 20. Things looked a little better in 21 but it was still pretty tough sledding unless you put in some hiking. You might do better once the crowds leave... things seem to change quick! Good luck

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of hunters out there. Locals said they’ve never seen so many hunters. I walked in 2 miles to get mine. Got lucky the night before saw them run as I drove by in my truck. Was back at 1st light next day saw them in a field on a ridge. Hiked in to ridge, crawled over the ridge and there they where. How they didn’t see me I’ll never know.

I hiked all over my unit, 113, didn’t see a goat. While driving around looking to get private access I saw this herd on a small piece of public.

Babills

FNG
Left zone 20 with no luck. Hunters everywhere. Driving quads and side xsides , all over the place spooking animals onto private ranches. Had a great time but animal numbers were low and Hunter numbers high.

OP
H

heatstroke18

Lil-Rokslider
Yup I’m not going there to hunt antelope, just picked up the tag because it was $50. It’s not gonna hurt my feelings if I don’t kill one

gilby

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like an awesome combo hunt!

I hunted east of 20 a few weeks ago. We saw a lot of antelope on private and were able to fill our doe tags mid morning as they moved off the private onto public. It seemed like everyone we talked to was deer hunting and some were forthright on antelope had been seeing.