Your Opinion Needed.

COlson

FNG
Howdy,

I got into bow hunting just 2 years ago and have since really gotten into it. It’s less of a thing I do and more of WHAT I do.

I have recently started business school and am working on a project where I interview potential customers that are interested in the outdoors like I am. Now before I get to far, Im not looking to sell anything. It’s simply for the project. If you are still with me there a few questions I would like to ask.

The product:
A simple 3D printed field tip holder without a lid. Basically a rectangle with holes that the field tips slide into and they would be exposed. Obviously not meant for broad heads.

The questions for my project:
- What do you think about this product?
- Would you ever use it?
- How could this product be improved?

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me out with my questions.

First thought is why?

Field tips fit easily in a small ziplock bag, store easily, and are accessed easily without getting lost.

The product you describe sounds like it occupies more space and doesn't prevent them from being lost in storage.

Why do I need this product and why should/ would I spend money on it?

Those would be my initial questions.

The questions for my project:
- What do you think about this product?
- Would you ever use it?
- How could this product be improved?

Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me out with my questions.
I think I probably wouldn't be terribly interested in it as field points typically just get thrown into a container to bounce around, doesn't really damage them. I take my little archery tackle box everywhere and they'll get bounced out of the container if it doesn't have a lid so wouldn't work as well as a ziplock bag.

For improvements, I'd think about a firm foam insert that could hold the FP's in place without a lid which would also quiet down any rattling when it's moved as well as dampen the edges to reduce potential of cracking the plastic/printed sides which will increase the box's potential longevity.

Agree with the above. Don’t see the usefulness when any bag does the same in a smaller footprint. Or alternately one of those lure boxes if you need to segregate by weight.

I’ll bite to help you out. You’re going to get dinged on your grade for putting the cart before the horse. You’ve thrown out a solution to a problem none of us can figure out. The only reason I can think of to have a couple field points is if something popped it’s head up that you didn’t want to shoot with a broad head, or a fall causes a giant malfunction of the sight and the field points are to check zero without sacrificing a broad head?

If the idea is long term storage, I’d rather have a little stackable $10 plastic box to put all my field points in.

If your holder was free I’d not have a use for it.

Attachments

• 1D774E8A-50AD-45EA-8249-4A7EF7B6FBBF.jpeg
    1D774E8A-50AD-45EA-8249-4A7EF7B6FBBF.jpeg
    309.7 KB · Views: 21
It would be more useful for broadheads, but that would be difficult since none are the same shape.

Now a case for SPECIFIC broadheads, that might sell.
Maybe a universal case. You could just figure out at what angle you would need a slot for however many blades you have. A slot at every 90 degrees would cover two and four blades, then a slot every 120 degrees would cover three blades.

Thank you all for helping me out!! I was not born very business savvy, so thanks for your guys’ opinions!

Naw, How about this idea;

A bow you could use in archery seasons that you don’t have to have any skill to shoot,

Locks back indefinitely, you don’t have to hold it

And is accurate at long range so that any fat slob hunter can have a huge advantage using it in a primitive weapons season.

Oh wait….they already have that…….grin

When I got my MBA, we did projects like that. You think up something to sell/promote and then figure out how to sell and promote it.

First thing you have to do is find or create a need for the product. What would you buy if they made it?

I did know a guy who created a clamp on rail that would hold his string - it was deemed to still be a "bow" by LEO. He never sold the idea but it was a great contraption. Might be an idea for OP to play with.

Good luck!

Back