Zeiss Conquest vs Swaro SLC

To my eyes the Conquests give me almost the exact same image as the SLCs except they have chromatic aberration throughout the whole image. If I wasn’t sensitive to CA then I’d save my money and get the Conquests. Unfortunately CA is a big issue with me so my main binos are SLCs. I don’t regret it either.
Agree. The SLC and Conquest optics are much closer than internet or tavern discussions would indicate. Do I prefer the image of the SLC = yes. But the difference is less than dramatic. Yes there is more visible CA in the Conquest. However, unless someone is particularly sensitive to it, it should not be a significant issue or dealbreaker. Most only see it if actually looking for it.

Overall, the SLC is a bit more refined and upscale binocular but the Conquest HD is no slouch. I wouldn’t feel at all undergunned if my luggage didn’t make it though on a mountain hunt and someone handed me a Conquest HD to use.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You should notice the focus wheel is better on the Conquest, in depth reviews usually say the edge on the conquest is better. Swaro always seems to have better color than anyone in their binos, less crispness as they are more designed for birders than hunters. SLC is a more expensive Bino of course. Conquest is built like a tank, SLC is lighter, huge plus. The CA seems to be in agreement between everyone on the 2. Seriously take a hard look at the Trinovids!

ONE_3

FNG
I have no complaints with my zeiss binos. Although the only time I looked thru any swaro glass is in a store. Never had “real world” opportunity to compare my zeiss glass but for everything I do my zeiss conquests have been more than adequate.

WRO

WKR
Here's probably the best way I can put this.

The Zeiss Conquest HD's are Zeiss's Conquest Glass with HD coatings. The Swaro's are the same glass as the EL's (comparable with the Zeiss Victory's and the Leica Ultravid's) with different material construction for the body and housing; and an older set of coatings.

The Swaro's will have better glass, the Zeiss have better coatings. Both are good sets of Binos. Were it up to me, I'd get the Zeiss. That is only because the Swarovision coating gives me serious eye strain, not a common complaint; just my eyes. The SLC's are better binos in all reality. Look through both and make your own call. It's worth taking the time with an investment like this.
There is no swarovision on SLC's.

Theres a pretty significant difference in eye relief between the 2 as well. The only 1 I tested with a shorter eye relief than the SLCs was the Trinovids, and none were longer than the Conquests. 1 of the factors that led to SLCs is the eye relief, I dont wear glasses and prefer the cups all the way in. In 10x, Conquest is 18mm, SLC is 16mm eye relief, but it feels more different that the numbers indicate. The SLCs are a smaller package, easier to hold, just felt better in hand.

The focus wheel on the SLC was gritty at first, but at this point its worn in nicely. I still think youll find nearly every other focus wheel on 1k and up binos are going to be better than swaro. Maven is the best focus wheel Ive used.

texasbbq

Lil-Rokslider
A much closer comparison to the original question would be the new Zeiss SFL vs SLC's. Both can be had for about the same $'s.

Once you get to that $1200 used or even $1000 used price range so near what is considered “alpha” level glass, you are the only one who can make determinations around what is the better buy since the shape of your face and how the optics sits on your face and in your hands and how you naturally operate a binocular will determine whether or not you have a positive experience while using them. Glass quality and the associated metrics are only relevant on an optic that is being viewed in the sweet spot or optimal eye relief position. If your face doesn’t fit well or your eyes and the eyecups are finicky causing some black outs then you are not maximizing the binoculars optical performance and potential.

Retailers understand this, and have their return policies set accordingly, if they don’t then don’t buy from them.

All of the glass mentioned is of the highest quality but only you can determine what will be the best for you.