Gluing to adapters

Decided to try using glue ons this year with an adapter. But the classic ferrl tite failed.

Do I need a heavy duty two part epoxy? Or maybe just AAE max impact or Easton insert glue?

Thanks

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

If the Ferrell tite failed it could be that the adapter doesn’t fit your broadheads taper very well. Wood can flex and crush a little bit so it is easier to fit on wood shafts. I have had to shape my adapters to fit.

The best thing to use is JB weld for metal. I’ve never had one fail using that. Most Epoxy can fail easier than the ferruletite. I’ve been down all the glue roads. Ferruletite is still my favorite because it is removable, but JBweld is stronger.
CA gel is also pretty good. (Not loctite)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do keep in mind that broadheads basically always have paint or oil inside the ferrule, and those can definitely interfere with any glue bond. The best results I've had with Ferr-L-Tite involve cleaning inside the ferrule first. Heat the glue and swab some on the adapter (not heated). Next, I heat the broadhead ferrule and then melt the glue (on the adapter or shaft) a bit by passing it thru the flame a couple times. Quickly push the glue/adapter into the broadhead and rotate. If things are smoking or bubbling...it's too hot. If the excess glue acts like syrup...it's too hot. You should only be able to rotate the broadhead on the adapter or shaft for maybe 10 seconds before things set up. Check for good alignment, and use gentle flame heat to soften the glue enough to rotate or adjust the broadhead.

Epoxy-type glues, JB-Weld, etc work great, but with a couple qualifiers. When the glue hardens you have no ability to adjust alignment of the head and adapter, so get it right from the start. You likely can't remove the adapter easily or without somehow abusing the broadhead via excessive heat. This might not matter if you know for sure you'll never want to remove the adapter.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I have a brush that fits into a drill that I use to clean the inside of the head to remove residue, then clean with acetone before gluing. Hot melt has always worked for me using this method.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
TradLife406
I have a brush that fits into a drill that I use to clean the inside of the head to remove residue, then clean with acetone before gluing. Hot melt has always worked for me using this method.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I got some two part JB weld. I'll pick up some Acetone and clean the residue out after I clean out the rest of the hot glue. Not worried about changing heads so I'll make them permanent.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk