Arrow help

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking for some help with a new arrow BH set up for Whitetail & Elk hunting. any help?
I have a Fedora 52" stalker recurve bow marked 58 lbs @ 28" Draw.The arrows that came with it are Gold Tip Traditional Series 5575 cut 27" long Nock to insert and 425 grains on scale. They are maybe a little short when i draw it just about hits the shelf. Does this make my draw length about a 27" - 28"? It also came with 125 grain field tip. I just want a great set up but i'am so confused. Even typing this makes my head hurt. Any help out there or if you could point me too a great shop/ vendor that knows what there doing with traditional equipment that would actually help me with this. Thank you

Sounds like the arrows may be a little light and short...to measure your draw length, just draw your bow to anchor and have someone mark the arrow right at the end of the shelf. As far as your arrows go, 500 grains is a good all around weight to shoot for imo. When you put a broadhead on there it sounds like these are short enough that it may touch your finger so you may need some a tad longer. You can go to the 3 Rivers Archery website and click on their spine calculator and play around until you find an arrow that’s pretty close. That’s a good starting place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldgoat

WKR
Call the Clums at RMSGear. They will get you set up.

This^^^ Spine calculators are great if you know what you're doing already and really know all the particulars about your bow, like how deep the shelf is cut etc! Clums and their staff live this life and will go to great lengths to get you setup! RMSGear - RMSGear

OP
M

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
Great ! That’s what I wanted to hear. I will make a call. Maybe I can get set up for our late season now.

jasboj

FNG
So maybe I can point you to a good starting point. My recurve i shoot is 58#@29. I shoot a 31" arrow with a 175g point. I end up with close to a 500gr finished arrow. So I shoot most 400 spine arrows well. They will be a little over 400 spine at 31" if I were you here is a good starting point gold tip 55-75's, Easton axis 400, Easton 2117, you can always fine tune your arrow spjne by changing your point weight if need be.to figure out your true draw length take any shaft, cut a small piece of carbon and cut a hole in it the size of your shaft, draw to your prefered anchor and let down. Measure nock to cardboard. There's your true draw length. I'd suggest cutting arrow 2" longer than measurement. I know this is basic info you probably already know but hopefully it helps somehow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk

OP
M

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
Basics is what i need! all new to this bow thing. Thank You

OP
M

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
Ok i talked to RMSGear not much luck since i did not have much information for him. After shooting a a while at 10 yards i noticed the nock seems to be off center to the right? not sure why. I took one of the arrows apart and there looks like some cloth cordage inside it. That arrow weights 425 grains with cordage When i took the other one apart it had nothing in it. That arrow the nock hits even more to the right about 30 degrees. groups are 1" could it be my form? Knock good up and down. Would heavier field tip help? or longer arrow? Any Help!!!

OP
M

mpg07

Lil-Rokslider
That arrow weight is without 125gr field tip.