TradTech Titan

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Franklin,
One of my hunting partners has a trad tech. He had a machinist drill and tap his to shoot a plunger. It shoots very well. But call me old school, if you go trad go WOOD!

Ryan

B

bearguide

got to agree no holes in wood bows/ they do make take downs that are drilled and tapped for rests sights etc, metal risers/they shoot carbon. but if you wantto do trad best to stick with wood arrows glue on tips off the shelf or hand shooting / go all the way trad

bobinmi

WKR
Has anyone drilled and tapped their riser to shoot off of the shelf with a cushion plunger?

Most of the setups I've seen are with a shelf built up high enough to use one of the existing holes for a plunger. I for one use a centershot flipper rest and think it yields superior results to the built up shelf. My titan is setup specifically as my bad weather bow and I wanted the option to shoot vanes.

R H Clark

FNG
Are you talking about the Titan? Isn't it already drilled for a plunger? What am I missing-not understanding?

I'm sorry, but I don't do listen to the trad police. If anyone wanted to really do all trad they would have to go into the woods naked and craft an archery set. Then I suppose that ultimate trad guy would have to get a horse to ride hunting. Even most of the really hard core trad longbow and wood arrow guys are using a string made from the most advanced space age material known to man.

I shoot everything from a BBO that I made with wood arrows and glue on points to an Italian Olympic Barebow ILF 70" target recurve with Carbon and foam limbs. What I enjoy about trad is the level of dedication required by me to shoot well, and the satisfaction of making a great shot knowing the skill and practice that it took to make it.

Sorry for getting on the soap box there for a minuet, just wanted to put that out there. Maybe, it's not as bad now but I got tired of the trad police years ago shooting 3D. I like it all. I guess I'll shoot anything that will shoot and love doing it.

bobinmi

WKR
Are you talking about the Titan? Isn't it already drilled for a plunger? What am I missing-not understanding?

I'm sorry, but I don't do listen to the trad police. If anyone wanted to really do all trad they would have to go into the woods naked and craft an archery set. Then I suppose that ultimate trad guy would have to get a horse to ride hunting. Even most of the really hard core trad longbow and wood arrow guys are using a string made from the most advanced space age material known to man.

I shoot everything from a BBO that I made with wood arrows and glue on points to an Italian Olympic Barebow ILF 70" target recurve with Carbon and foam limbs. What I enjoy about trad is the level of dedication required by me to shoot well, and the satisfaction of making a great shot knowing the skill and practice that it took to make it.

Sorry for getting on the soap box there for a minuet, just wanted to put that out there. Maybe, it's not as bad now but I got tired of the trad police years ago shooting 3D. I like it all. I guess I'll shoot anything that will shoot and love doing it.

It is drilled for a plunger but the hole is to high up to shoot it off the shelf unless you built it up. On a side note. I have heard very good things about the accutune that is sold by the push archery. there are a lot of really cool setups that guys have built from them by adding a side plate to them. Accutune Adjustable Side Plate – The Push Archery Productions

R H Clark

FNG
Personally,I would want the benefit of the rest along with the plunger. One of those wire rests will act like a shock absorber and help to mitigate bounce from a less than perfect release.

If you just really want to shoot off the shelf you could build it up with just about anything. I like to use a kind of double sided foam tape made by 3M. It's a mounting tape, double sided very sticky, and nearly 1/8" thick. It's made from a foam type material and is easy to stack layers. I would stack it in increasingly smaller pieces so that it came to a pyramid point at the correct height. Leave room to cover it with a piece of Velcro.

I've made all my rests from that tape covered in Velcro and I feel that other than a wire type rest it gives a good shock absorbing rest,plus it's easy and quick to work with.