Let's see some traditional harvests!

Only a rabbit, but just as rewarding as anything else when your using a stick and string.
3852d95fc08cc64916123abf4cc42bfc.jpg

Beendare

WKR
Hardly even got in the blind and she came in! First deer with a Cutthroat. She dumped the arrow/string bad and the arrow went in at a steep angle between her last two ribs and lodged just under her spine getting a lung. Good blood!

Dang, what ground blind were you in shooting that monster?
I sometimes have clearance issues with my recurve in a ground blind....

oldgoat

WKR
Two days hunting this weekend for me and one day for my wife. She drilled this squirrel in the chest with vpa sgh, arrow stopped cold and landed in same tree, squirrel flew horizontally about twenty feet, was kind of impressive. I managed to get one of two rabbit's we saw.

We aren't shooting anymore of these little squirrels, it was delicious but not worth the trouble as small as they are unless it's a survival situation.

PredatorX

WKR
uploadfromtaptalk1479231744551.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1479231803188.jpg

Got my first harvest with my Paul Schafer made recurve! An hour later I proceeded to shoot a foot over the back of a 150" 10 pointer. It didn't bother me much though because I was so happy with my harvest. I have shot a lot of deer with a compound over the years but this was special!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Here's my 2016 buck, shot him at 15 yards and he crashed at 35 yards! Shot him with my Big Stick Assassin longbow 62" 55@28 and used Cutthroat single bevel broadheads. He grossed 193 1/8!!

a29caa4e183f3c3a114f01615a5460c2.jpg

5ebd7ad13d0e59823d0dbf1eb8fe3247.jpg

71eb5002f0701d6fff5ef9dbd53b0052.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
I'll suck up my pride and post a deer pic after Logan's.

Dropped my wife at the airport at 4am today and got an early start to a chilly morning in the woods.
17 yards.
Sandy Biles longbow
64" 44#@28"

Not a huge trophy but I respect this old warrior for sharing the woods with the biggest mouth she-bitch doe. She starts blowing as soon as I park my truck anywhere near these woods. I really want to shoot her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

LostArra

WKR
Not the best pics. again. About a 30 yard shot and maybe 50 yard recovery.

Thanks Jesse: did you shoot that nice buck from a treestand or from the ground? That country looks pretty thick in your photo. I'm assuming it's Idaho. The reason I ask is I'm considering taking a light weight climbing stand to the elk woods next season. I've hunted the same area for a while and there is one travel area that I have a hard time getting in a good position on the ground but I've spied a few strategic trees that might be worth climbing for an evening sit. Of course, NOT sitting in a treestand is one of the biggest attractions of elk hunting for me.

Jesse Minish

Lil-Rokslider
Yep it is Idaho. I did shoot that deer off the ground. I sat the treestand that morning and only had a little forky come by. I too have often though of a treestand for elk in certain areas. I know guys that do it. Where I shot my elk this year it is VERY thick and there are a few spots a treestand would allow shots into a couple trails they use. Sitting a treestand or even just sitting on the ground next to water is not my preferred method but I prefer elk meat so wont hesitate to do either.