"The PUSH - A Traditional Archery Film"

Pueblo

FNG
Really great video. I'm getting back into Trad this year and was making slow steady progress on instinctive but this changed my course. After just 3 weeks of this method I'm calmly dropping arrows into the bread basket at 30 yards....really a confidence builder.

alukban

FNG
It seems to work!

A lot less string walking 25y zero for very short recurves like the Bear Super Magnum, I noticed.

OP
RedRidge

RedRidge

WKR
Pueblo that is great to hear. I haven't tried it yet, but one of these days I will.

I watched last night. In my mind it all makes sense. Plus, you can go back to the nock at 40 yards and shoot point on. I will be giving it a try after I recover from surgery.

rhendrix

WKR
It seems to work!

A lot less string walking 25y zero for very short recurves like the Bear Super Magnum, I noticed.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this, I've got a grizzly and I'd say I'm maybe a half inch right now. Just gotta wait to day light to confirm.

Pueblo

FNG
An update after several weeks doing this. I shoot a Bear Cheyenne, on the shorter end of things and a 30.5" arrow. My point on is 25 yards with about 1/2" drop on the string. Anything between 15 and 30 I can just aim at the center of my 3d buck, which is undersized and get a kill shot. At 40 I'm just over the back and at 10 I aim at the bottom. Since I hunt really open country I'm much more likely to get a 30 yard shot than a 10, not that it doesn't happen. I find that I'm more accurate with Judos and Broadheads that give me a stronger sight clue than a smooth field tip.

The other thing that's interesting is that if I leave both eyes open I find that I can just point at the target at up to 35 yards or so and hit the center....I have many years (in the distant past) instinctive shooting where I never saw the arrow. This is like a combo deal. I think my brain picks up a few clues and makes minor adjustment for distance. I don't trust this for hunting this year yet, so I'll squint my left eye for now.

Felix40

WKR
I have fully switched over to the fixed crawl now. I've been shooting a recurve instinctively for over 10 years pretty much exclusively. At one point I was one of the better shooters in my area but the last couple years I haven't been shooting as regularly and my proficiency has suffered. Having a baby didn't help either. With the fixed crawl I can walk outside at any point and put an arrow in the kill zone out to 40 yards. There's no more having to warm up or take practice shots to get dialed in. The downside I noticed is that I need to work on my range estimation. I was out last week and got to within 25 yards of a sow hog but by the time I ranged her to confirm, she pegged me and hustled off into the brush. Ill be headed for Colorado in a week so Im going to take the rangefinder and do some estimation drills to get myself better at putting a number on it. The whole time I shot instinctive I never realized that the difference between 25 and 30 can be a kill shot vs a miss or wound.

Hey I got a question. I started watching this last weekend and saw the gentleman drawing the string with his fingers a good couple inches under the string! Can someone explain this style to me? I know a lot of people have their own way, I was taught Hill, but this was was the weirdest one I've seen. It's obviously working just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LostArra

WKR
Hey I got a question. I started watching this last weekend and saw the gentleman drawing the string with his fingers a good couple inches under the string! Can someone explain this style to me? I know a lot of people have their own way, I was taught Hill, but this was was the weirdest one I've seen. It's obviously working just curious.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fixed crawl, a type of stringwalking. Watch the entire video. He explains it.