Trad shoots coming up.....

Beendare

WKR
What do you say we do an ongoing thread giving folks a heads up on Trad shoots coming up.

I'm here in California and missed a good one [Maya does a great job in Sac] recently as I was whitetail hunting. Link is to the CBH [Ca Bowmen Hunters] website events calendar.
CBH/SAA

So not much straight trad coming up...
Nov 19th-20th
but the turkey shoots at Redwood- Oakland...and Straight Arrow- Redding are usually good. I haven't shot the San Diego Range that has a shoot on the 19th

So post them up

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
This has been one of my favorite weeks of the year for a while now. Can't recommend this event enough.

7f38fe_d99452931e6147dda29782c0ffa82115~mv2_d_1700_2200_s_2.webp

I missed this shoot for the first time in like 15 years last year, lots of good people from all over. Oregon, Wisconsin, even Canada. Great group of guys, Lancaster Archery sets up their big "circus tent" as our out post. I'll be there this year. Baltimore Bowmen Inc.

mjsekerak

FNG
East Huntington Sportsmans near Scottdale Pa shoots once a month through the winter,we have one more in shoot in March and a two day shoot in September . Check out Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers on Facebook.

bhylton

WKR
fisher river shoot put on by libby montana archery club 1st and 2nd weekend of may. one weekend is trad only the other is open to anyone

A buddy of mine invited me to a Trad shoot this next weekend out at the Air Force academy. It's been quite a few years since I've been to a shoot. I hope I don't embarrass myself.

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
A buddy of mine invited me to a Trad shoot this next weekend out at the Air Force academy. It's been quite a few years since I've been to a shoot. I hope I don't embarrass myself.

The first couple shoots are a learning experience...but for sure they make you a better shot!

I used to live for bow shoots, archery events, shows and the like. I really loved going to them, but these days not so much. I think there are a dozen good events within decent driving distance and it's doubtful I'll attend any of them. I just lost interest in organized bow shoots and the social aspect. These days I shoot my bow at the farm and practice for upcoming hunts. The hunting aspect of archery is really all I ever pursued.

I hope you guys get to plenty of good events!

Normally I just walk around in the woods and shoot at different things, but we've got a lot of snow and I don't feel like digging for arrows.

We have a few shoots a year here in Florida. I'd like to go but work is a priority. I'd rather spend my vacation time on the mountain elk hunting. Not shooting foam. I do understand it gets you outdoors and is fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas Stickbow 100

Any of you folks from Texas or nearby.. We are having a Traditional Archery Fun Shoot at the Fowler Ranch, April 29-30..
TAS Stickbow 100

fullsizeoutput_580.jpg

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
Any of you guys in the SF bay area should note; The road to our club Briones has washed out. We are at the mercy of the parks district for a fix. I doubt we will have any monday night 3D shoots...or tournaments this YEAR. Its a pretty easy fix to cut a new road around the slide...but that isn't the way the Park dist works. A dozer, take out a few trees and a couple end dumps of gravel could fix that in one day [with my crew anyway] but they won't let us touch it!

They won't do anything until april 1st-
They don't want any new roads through 'Riparian habitat'
They want to check with the EPA and the Ca F&G to see how it affects everything [red legged frog a big concern]

This whole process will take at least until late summer just to get the permits....walk in only at Briones this year!

mjsekerak

FNG
Any west PA east Oh northern WV folks need a Sunday activity. This is a good one.
a1cbcbe411612936c34a99939e0382e9.jpg

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

The libby Mt shoot mentioned above is a dynamite shoot. Great people, great course.

That said I don't make many shoots anymore. Mostly because given the choice I would rather be hunting, so if there is a season on, that's where I am at.

8afa62a5438741f64f737ae0ae1daf14.jpg
8afa62a5438741f64f737ae0ae1daf14.jpg

This shoot is sure to be a great time! We are having it on the Fowler ranch.
I will be making all the trophies for the tournament. I hope y'all will come down and join us!
We will have lots of vendors and some pretty slick looking bows for sale as well.
We just got back from the ranch a few days ago. The landscape is beautiful! It is an Exotic game ranch so there are lots of gorgeous animals to see!
Pm me if you would like more information!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk