Longbows....cool

I'm at a similar place in my evolution[?] as a bowhunter. I like the degree of difficulty involved in shooting a stickbow and just the challenges involved in shooting them accurately has made archery more interesting.

There are trad guys that revel in being a part of that group....and I think thats great, just not for me.

i could have gone a couple different routes...maybe being a lot more selective...more of a trophy hunter but the stickbows spoke to me. since i eat a lot of game, I wanted the meat. I've had the good fortune of killing my share of critters with a bow...so its easy for me to step into stickbows as I don't feel i have to kill something for it to be a good hunt.

Longbows; I've shot one of those Hill style bows that just about rattled a couple of my fillings out....it had hand shock I was unaccustomed to. The claim of those Cari-bow Featherhorns is very little hand shock- is that true? I can tell you the Dryad limbs on that heavy riser has no shock....or at least no more than a recurve.

What longbows you guys shooting?
Funny, I was just gonna ask for a Dryad review. I shoot a Hill/D style and I hate it. When I started with trad I had a different D and was pretty good with it. But traded it for what I have now. We're just not happy together lol.

I'm thinking of a Dryad ILF longbow. 13" riser and XL limbs. I'd like a 60" bow at about 60-65#, to push a heavy arrow from a short draw... Which model limbs do you have?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
I went thru longbow love for a few years, made some harvest with mine, 1 piece 64". But have switched back to a recurve I personally have extend my range with the curve.

cool thing is ole south cox makes longbow limbs for my coyote curve.

i do believe the longbow limb design is bomb proof tho

ElkNut1

WKR
Longbows for me for no special reason, just like shooting them, all bows have their challenges!

ElkNut1

OP
Beendare

Beendare

WKR
Funny, I was just gonna ask for a Dryad review. I shoot a Hill/D style and I hate it. When I started with trad I had a different D and was pretty good with it. But traded it for what I have now. We're just not happy together lol.

I'm thinking of a Dryad ILF longbow. 13" riser and XL limbs. I'd like a 60" bow at about 60-65#, to push a heavy arrow from a short draw... Which model limbs do you have?

Thanks

I just saw your question....
Heres a pic of my Dryad riser [19"]
dryad riser re1.jpg

I haven't shot it with the longbow limbs yet. I really like this riser as its a bit heavier than my 17" riser. The med grip is just a bit smaller than I like...I wear XL gloves. Med or Lg glove and this grip would be perfect.

I'm shooting this currently with WW Innos, SF Elite + recurve long ILF limbs ...and a $15 dryad string [very good!]

wytx

WKR
Predator Longbow out of Muenster, Tx. I upgraded to a carbon model and love it. Smooth, easy drawing and fast. Very quiet.
I shoot osage orange footed doug fir shafts from Raptor Archery.
The bow with a quiver of 5 arrows is very light and easy to carry.
I started with a basic model custom longbow and my current one is heads above it. Try a custom longbow sometime. Lots of great bowyers out there, lots of styles of longbows. They are really fun to shoot.

I've hunted with nothing but a Martin Damon Howatt Hunter. I really like that bow and enjoy shooting it. My son just went from a compound to a Toelke whip that is 52# at 30". He hasn't gotten a chance to shoot it yet. Dad has though and I really liked it. Hmmmm might have to get one for me!! I got it for him for a graduation present from college.