Latest arrows, anyone else building custom arrows?

PJG

WKR
e8887055ba5069c4c2cb2ae4cb76833f.jpg

DWinVA

WKR
Not as custom but I did put them together...

Very nice work PJG. Mine are not near that nice.

FullSizeRender1.jpg

Last edited:

LostArra

WKR
I enjoy building my arrows but they are "custom" in the same way my grandson's kindergarten art projects are "custom".

You guys make beauties! I call mine unique but functional.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't shot an arrow I didn't build myself since about 1983. Douglas fir tapered shafting stained and painted.

Fletched, nocked and ready for action.

And they kill big game quite efficiently....2016.

Wojo14

WKR
Very nice guys!
I like building arrows too. But mine are not as nice as all yours.
Doug fir tapers are good arrows. You get from Sherwood?
~Wojo

Very nice guys!
I like building arrows too. But mine are not as nice as all yours.
Doug fir tapers are good arrows. You get from Sherwood?
~Wojo

It's actually Surewood. And I think they are the best in the business currently.

Gluing inserts into place and fletching them myself is the extent of my arrow building. I commend you guys for spending the time it takes to build custom arrows and actually shooting them. Nice work.

You guys do some nice work.Mine are surewood shafts simply stained and varnished.Just one mark on them to check brace height.It still tears me up to loose or break one,I'm not sure I would risk it with those classy looking arrows

Huntfun

FNG
I have been making my own wood arrows for a very long time and still have not gotten really fancy work like PJG. Those are really nice! I too like sherwood tapered. I recently bought some hardwood shafts from Forester Wood Shafts...got a sample batch of 4 different hardwood. I am really excited about these as they are naturally very heavy for big game. They may be what I use for Moose in Ak this fall. Just need to turn these shafts into arrows then fling them to see what I think. Here is the Forester website if you want to check them out:
Forrester Wood Shafts - Custom Hardwood Arrow Shafts.

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered my first dozen "Hunters" from Surewood Shafts... going to turn the first 4 into stumping arrows. Then the next I will build as needed for hunting or stumping. I'm looking forward to the journey. I feel like I did 25 years ago when I started tying flies.

Simple to start and then fancier as I learn.

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
I've been making woodies for 30 years - but none are are pretty as those posted above! Nice work!