Reducing point on vs fixed crawl

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
I've messed with both, I found a long heavier arrow I can get my point on down to 25, shot at the same spot and the highest my arrow will rise at 12.5 yards is 7-8 inches. It will stay in a 8" circle from 0-25 shooting at th same spot.

great for u elk guys, shot at he crease and it's going to hit the vitals, u could manipulate it and prob do 30. Won't have to aim off the animal

i had to jump up a spine and add about 100 grains and 2" of total arrow length. Most of the weight is up front.

im mainly a whitetail/turkey guy, turkey it's not great most shot are off decoys at 10 yards so ur not gonna have tip on the bird 0-14ish

food for thought

OP
K

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
I'm shooting 3 under, middle finger corner of my mouth. That about as high as I can get. I got nock set at 3/4". I've shot instinctive for years with good results hunting 20 and in on deer and turkey.

I never want to gap normally because I did not want to aim 14" low on a animal. This will be my 1st season doing this, seems about as simple as it gets.

i put some carbon collars on my arrows from 3 rivers it's like a mini footing and is bigger than the arrow I actually aim off it not the point. It's easy to see and shinny so I can pick it up easy with my eyes

OP
K

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
I'm shooting 44lbs @ 28, I draw 28. Full length GT hunter 400 32" 100 grain insets, 145 grain head, 5 grain Carbon collar 530 grains. Nock 3/4

when I shot instinctive I shot gold tip kinetic 500 full length 30" standard insert and collars 145 grain, 433 grains 5/8 nock point

my point on with that was about 35, so I cut about 10 yards of it.

Beendare

WKR
Well anything you can do to tighten the gap at hunting range shots is a good thing, IMO....even if you don't gap...its less mental extrapolation. Thats a lot of arrow you got hanging out there....I have a 30" draw and shoot the full length 31" [30 7/8"] arrows.

High anchor; I resisted it when my mentor told me I need to anchor higher....it just didn't feel right up higher near my eye. Now that I'm used to it, I can see the advantage.

Felix40

WKR
Whatever works. I resisted the gap for a long time but I was dumb and hard headed. For me it was easy to just go to a fixed crawl because I didn't have to find new arrows and work to tune them. I just took an already tuned setup and moved my fingers down an inch.

OP
K

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
I just never could get an anchor I liked with the fixed crawl. I liked my current anchor and relase better.

I don't care for that much arrow hanging over but it's worth the accuracy.

my Ke and monumutem stayed almost the same

I did the long heavy aluminum arrow for a lot of years to reduce my point on to about 30. It was great for me at 30 but it sucked at practically every other distance with such an arcing trajectory. Once I figured out the fixed crawl setup I was sold on it. I keep my hunting arrows 8-10 gpp which mates up well with the fixed crawl and the distances I shoot.

OP
K

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
i don't have much an issue with arching arrows my higest arch is at 12.5 yards and it's 6-8 inches at max, well in the kill zone of a deer shooting for the heart from 0-25

OP
K

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
I am holding just below the spot to 25, 25 I have to cover the spot
6 o'clock hold , lolly pop what ever u want to call it