Oldtimer

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I went down to the local shop to look at some stick bows. I told the owner, an oldtimer I know well that I was looking for another stick bow. He said. "Last time I saw you shooting the one you owned, you shot like shit. Why make two bows look bad?"

Not the greatest salesman. But I did go home and shoot:)

Last edited:

tater

WKR
There are days when i wonder if the old axiom of "fear the man with one gun" doesn't ring a bit true with stickbows.
I know when i start moving between bows too much there is a point of diminishing returns to accuracy.

But damn, he sounds like the kind of salty old fart i would hang out with.

ScottinPA

WKR
There are days when i wonder if the old axiom of "fear the man with one gun" doesn't ring a bit true with stickbows.
I know when i start moving between bows too much there is a point of diminishing returns to accuracy.

^^This.
I often think of getting other bows and think back to this saying. I own 3 Silvertips - all 58" with same grip but different poundages.

Beendare

WKR
I currently have more stickbows bows than I can shoot...even if I do dedicated carp bow, target bow and hunting bow. Many options when you consider they are ILF and I can mix and match limbs/ risers.

One would think that with proper form that shooting across a bunch of different platforms wouldn't matter...but it does for me. I shoot my one Morrison riser the best...some come close...but that one bow consistently shoots better...probably because I've been shooting it the longest

ElkNut1

WKR
LOL! The best part is you have the nuts to come on here & share that! (big grin)

ElkNut1

That is the exact line Gordy Mickens (originator of Selway Archery) said to me about 30+ years ago at the Great Lakes Longbow Invitational in Marshall, MI. Some of the best things about this aspect of the sport are all the salty dogs out there who know there's more to this than just driving arrows through animals. A bit of crust is just what more guys could use I believe....

00small29442656[1].jpg

I have had one bow for the last 10 years, found one I can shoot and kept it. I am going to be buying an ILF soon, if I can get the right grip. I plan on shooting one set of limbs, not going back and forth for targets VS hunting. To me it is all about hunting so I want to train with what I hunt with. I'm the same way with guns, I have a few shotguns but that 30 year old 870 has killed a lot of game, no reason to change what works. I hope to be a crumungeon one day, I think I have a pretty good start one it ! ;)

LMAO! My bowyer will see me shooting like fecal matter and grab my bow and drill the center and look at me like wtf is your problem kid?!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk