micro diameter shafts..

Wojo14

WKR
Superkodiak38, I am jealous of your long draw as well! I only draw 27". I would love to shoot 650 gr all day! I try to balance speed and weight. I believe in shooting the highest weight you can out of your bow.
I have killed 3 big game animals(2-white tail and 1 black bear) total weight of arrow avg is 530g. All pass through. One of them (the black bear) was killed with a 11/32 doug fir woodie!. Honestly, in the woods and shooting within 25 yards, wind is not much of an issue. Shoot what you like! I still shoot woodies on occasion! I just have good luck with the Easton skinny guys!
~Wojo

OP
bhylton

bhylton

WKR
take a look at the black eagle ( deep impacts or x impacts) u can get steel inserts with them in ur spine size. 10 x better than VAPS. I like the micros, but have killed game with 11/32 woodies, 5/16 wooides and standard sized carbon. They will all work I shot 45lbs so any advantage is and advantage.

i found u can use 3" feathers on the .166 size to with good results as long as the head is not super huge
i never thought about fletching...ive really been liking 4 fletch, i suppose that would be a challenge on a tiny shaft

OP
bhylton

bhylton

WKR
about the inserts and outserts/collars. if it works on an x-impact would it not work on a GT pierce or .166 VAP? spine being equal.

Kebler

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure they will fit the way they should, I've shot them all, the GT pierce system is better than black eagle or the vap, with a short stubby modern broadheads it don't matter

but with the longer Trad heads som of the outserts can be a libilaty, if they alloy, if steel it's better but then the head unless it's like a vpa can be an issues with alloy ferilles