Lost Creek Bows review

I've been looking at other longbows other than the D style I started on a few years ago. Originally looking for a takedown but now I'm more worried about smoothness and consistency.

I saw Chad Francis of Lost Creek Builds a takedown, so I gave him a call. He said he can make take downs but their are a pain in the donkey. And he'd let me demo a one piece he was finishing up.

So it arrived today, wow!

It's a 52@28 62". So for my draw around 48. But it's so much smoother than the D styles I've shot. And it actually has a grip!

It draws smooth with maybe the slightest bit of stack at the end but it's not terrible. I think the D style has the best draw but they are harder to shoot.

There's no shock and little noise! For a lighter than I'm used to bow shooting around 11 grains per pound, it's quick! No carbon in the limbs but the R/D gives it some zip!

One issue I have with a D is torquing the grip. This bow is impossible to torque!

I'm not gunna claim I'm Howard Hill with it, but it's definitely easier to shoot and I can see more potential for better consistency with it.

I think if I do pull the trigger on one I'd get a 60#@26 60".

But just demoing this for a week so if you're looking for a helluva good shooting stick, this is about $600 I think!
0f24576520fa81d1cd9273016bdac073.jpg

OP
TradLife406
Talk to Chad and gave him my impressions... I'm keeping this bow... $425 is a great deal!

Not too worried on weight. He said he could take off 2" and that'd raise the weekend get up closer to 60. But I'm guessing a fast 49# bow with a sharp Cutthroat will smoke an elk if I do my part.
cceace2d33f947e9b745853aadb7e2b6.jpg
fc693137fc1ceb86cb792ed038143b66.jpg
0bdaa61d1424b0e02936c73fc59361b8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Sweet bow.

It wouldn't work for me though as I travel with mine....has to be a takedown either 2 piece or 3 piece. I have a great Toelke SS that i'm going to sell just because its a one piece....though it shoots fantastic.

2blade

WKR
Chad makes a great bow. I had a 58" Life-Ender some yrs ago when I was buying and selling to see what I liked best. Great speed and really easy to shoot, prolly would of kept it had been a 60". Shot one of his pass arounds too, a 62" Legacy I think.... hated to send that one down the rode to the next guy, it was so smooth. You can't go wrong with any of his bows. Enjoy!

bhylton

WKR
i would not worry about the weight. I dont remember which podcast it was but some guys were talking about a guy at RMS that killed lots of elk with a 48# palmer recurve. beautiful bow and a great deal!

Good deal. 48 is enough to be efficient. And it's more manageable so you can do your part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Sweet bow.

It wouldn't work for me though as I travel with mine....has to be a takedown either 2 piece or 3 piece. I have a great Toelke SS that i'm going to sell just because its a one piece....though it shoots fantastic.
You ever sell that SS? Specs?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Another $175 might be worth it to get everything you want. I really like that style bow and have been shooting a similar bow of my design for the past 6 years. I've tested different designs and different materials over a chronograph. The one factor that seems to make a difference on speed is bow weight. Not that I'm trying to say that you need a heavy bow, or that speed matters much. But I hear a lot about performance of Bows with this or that material or design, but from my testing weight is the only thing that makes a significant difference. As we all know speed isn't the only thing, but it's the only thing that can be measured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk