stripped draw stop peg

well my bow woes continue (hoyt defiant). turns out one of my draws stops fell out because the threads were partially stripped in the cam.

looks like there might be enough meat left hang onto a new draw stop peg with some help from some epoxy.

is this a viable solution? ( I know super vague situation with lots of ifs and maybes involved)

where can you find a new draw stop peg? I would rather not go back to the bowshop that stripped it in the first place, but they are my only option for now and all the pegs im finding online are available over seas.

the only replacement I see available are the bowmar draw stops.

anyway thinks and thoughts appreciated as always.

Brendan

WKR
Best option would be to find out the exact thread pitch of the stop, get the appropriate sized tap and "chase" the threads in the cam. Then, take a new draw stop, a little blue loctite, and reinstall. If it doesn't stay - you'd probably need a new cam. I wouldn't want to trust epoxy because every time you're drawing the bow you're putting a torquing force on that peg and the threads.

Pretty sure your only source for the draw stops is a Hoyt dealer unless someone has one lying around and can send you one. I'd go in and just ask them for a couple - at most a buck or two a piece.

4ester

WKR
Mine stripped out and fell out just before hunting season last year. Local hoyt dealer put a new one in with blue loktite and it has been fine since.

Follow me on Instagram @ high_mountain_hunter

bobinmi

WKR
well my bow woes continue (hoyt defiant). turns out one of my draws stops fell out because the threads were partially stripped in the cam.

looks like there might be enough meat left hang onto a new draw stop peg with some help from some epoxy.

is this a viable solution? ( I know super vague situation with lots of ifs and maybes involved)

where can you find a new draw stop peg? I would rather not go back to the bowshop that stripped it in the first place, but they are my only option for now and all the pegs im finding online are available over seas.

the only replacement I see available are the bowmar draw stops.

anyway thinks and thoughts appreciated as always.

I bet you will get way more answers in regular archery forum. I've never seen a draw stop on a traditional bow.