New Longbow almost Sorry

poisonarrow

Lil-Rokslider
I just bought a new longbow from Great Plains. I have shot one of their longbows for several years. I love it. Shane came out with a two piece take down long bow so I ordered one. I got it the other day and it is great. I had him make it like my other longbow just a take down.

We were in Kansas the other day so I stopped in to see Shane and his shop. Wow! I almost got converted to a recurve. He has a new model that he has made, the Swift Long Curve. He makes it in a one piece and a two piece take down. What a sweet shooter. And easy on the eyes. Actually gorgeous!

I am going to post a picture pf my long bow and also the new Swift.great plains swift.jpggreat plains longbow web.jpg

Dang you guys! That's a gorgeous bow. I just got my son a Toelke Whip for his college graduation and I HAD to shoot it before I shipped it off to him! What a great bow to shoot. I shoot a Martin Damon Howatt recurve but I think I might have to get me a Toelke Whip longbow!

LostArra

WKR
Nice bows

Does the connection increase the size (circumference) of the grip compared to the one piece bow?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LaGriz

WKR
poisonarrow,

Plus 1 on the Great Plains bows. I have a friend that has a 3-piece long bow that he is pretty fond of. If the 2-piece bow is no penalty to handle, I would recommend it over a one piece. Long bow or recurve, it is so much easier to travel with a takedown bow. If I ever get bitten by the long bow bug, a takedown bow is what I will look for. Had a chance to shoot a 58" Swift (Polo Duro I think) one-piece recurve at a bow shop in Pagosa Springs, Colorado. Very fast and very smooth as I recall. They make a truly beautiful bow with gorgeous exotic woods.

LaGriz

LostArra

WKR
It does not change the grip. My take down is just like my one piece.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The reason I ask is that I have not seen two-piece grips under 5" circumference measured at the throat. For people who like or need smaller grips the usual options are one piece or three piece. The two piece connection just requires more material for strength..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk