Center Cut Fletch

Anyone know where a guy can get these? My bowyer is using these for making a flu flu. They are kinda like a Banana, but I think they are taller. But they fly as good as a regular arrow. He's building them on wood, but I'd like to do my own on carbon.. I'd ask him but he'd disown me if he found I was shooting carbon from his bow lol! The woodies are great, but shooting grouse and backcountry use they are too fragile!
8d00ec54a76af13eefa901334cc812c2.jpg

WoodBow

WKR
I don't know of anywhere that sells them like that. You will probably need to buy full height feathers and then cut them or use a burner. That is how have always done all of my trad arrows. I think the feather burners are a little pricey but they beat the hek out of scissors. I believe full height feathers are cheaper than precut ones. You can probably buy a chopper for a similar profile but I doubt they will be that high of profile.

WoodBow

WKR
Yes, that is probably your best option.

However I will say that if you expect it to perform like a flu flu, it will not. That is basically the fletch that byron ferguson shoots. It will give you great stabilization but will cost you some fps. If you want an arrow to use as a true flu flu, leave the feathers full height. If they are dropping too soon for your taste, you can start shortening the LENGTH of the fletch until you get the desired flight. I would start at 5 inches.