Hoyt Satori Recurve Review; By Matt Davis

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Hey guys I put this review up in the regular archery section and should have put it here. So here is a link to the thread where you can ask Matt questions or add comments. This was a great article and definitely worth reading.

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/archery/73530-hoyt-satori-recurve-review-matt-davis.html

SJP51

FNG
I shot the satori today it shot good but too heavy for me
How heavy is it? I vasilate between too heavy and too light. Have considered buying a Bear Super Kodiak, but they are like a feather in your hand. Great for carrying, but too light for shooting I'm afraid.

I never shot a Satori , Only in metal have some expeirence with that Discovery Samick 21"/ 17" and WF19 and WF21 " risers . If I was lookin at the Satori I would lean towards the 21" model . Just like in Samick imo there 17" riser is there bread and butter riser . Seems like the Samick 21" riser has not taken off as there 17" model , and I have and owned and shot a bunch of Samick stuff and there ilf limbs ( awesome for the pricepoint ) in no way badmouthing Samick . Check with Johns custom archery gear , he runs really good deals on Satori risers when he has them . No expert here just a hunter , my favs are CD Archery WF19 and WF21 , which I own both . What ever you choose something like in marriage contract agreement " Buy once cry once " !

1Canvas

FNG
I have had a Satori for a couple of years and really like it. Coming from compounds it doesn’t feel heavy to me. Mine is a 19” with short limbs and I couldn’t be happier. It took a bit of work to get everything right. I switched from BlackMax carbon wood to BM glass wood for a smoother draw.