New bow from Idaho Curt

Curt and go back now for some time over the years of building and supplying others with materials. Curt built me a hybrid and boy is it a dandy. He really knocked it out of the park. Pics don't do it any justice. It's a jaw dropper and a dream to shoot. The grip is perfect and there's no stacking. It's dead in the hand and silent very silent. It's stabilized mango riser with mango veneers with a double carbon and yew cores. Sheep horn tips and hand made mule deer antler knobs.
1213599c3ce0d1c04e7423e0074d45d6.jpg
9eb2589a583fed6f39ddf2ef509c7033.jpg
8fa5c066d406c9cc98c7c88a04a69165.jpg
2a6b5c3e9e92afb1c60593eba23012c1.jpg
83aa212e8863a87ac4aec4206871aa7d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some real sugar right there.

I've long admired Curt's bows and thought I'd like to haul one around the mountains after caribou or moose. Congratulations on owning a true traditional weapon and work of art.

LostArra

WKR
Nice looking bow.
Mango seems to be a popular bow wood recently and for good reason based on this bow. Maybe it's been around but I just haven't been looking closely.

OP
S
Thanks Curt we've been trading and going back and forth for some time now. This hunter bow is out of this world the fit and finish is top notch. Nothing overlooked there was a bunch of time effort and money put into the limb design to give it more preload and shoot lights out. Curt's grip also makes it very hard to torque the bow so therefore it's just a breeze to shoot. It goes right where your looking every time. The bow is dead in the hand and has absolutely no shock. I put a string on it from simply traditional (steve angel) and am just now getting he bow shot in. Its so quiet my son was standing about 15 yards away with his back to me is and all he could hear was the arrow hitting the target.

I was able to play with the bow some with finger release and 12.25 Gpp arrows and it shot consistently 168-170 fps. Which is way enough for anything I'll ever hunt. Hell if they wanna duck it they are going to anyways. I plan on getting more data one day but for now I just gaze at her beauty and dream ofelk season in 40 days.

OP
S
Nice looking bow.
Mango seems to be a popular bow wood recently and for good reason based on this bow. Maybe it's been around but I just haven't been looking closely.

Mango has been around along with the other tropical fruit woods its just with todays stabilization techniques anything can be used now for risers