LF hunting partner 2017

rk_trad

FNG
LF CO hunting partner 2017

Hey,

I just moved from western colorado to Parker, CO and I'm looking to explore some different parts of the state. I've got 3-4 of my own spots, 300 acres of ground I own in western CO, and I've got gear for days (dropped a boat load on kifaru stuff). I'm a decent caller and I've killed a few things with a trad bow (still working on an elk though). Last year I passed on a cow cuz she had a calf that was clearly hers with her and let down from full draw on a good 6x6 at 36 yds because he had a heard of 100+ behind him and I thought I'd get a chip shot on something else (wind was perfect) but another person on public land bumped the herd), I called in elk 6 other times last year but each time I did something to blow it. I'm pretty in shape 28 year-old and I typically prefer 5-7 day hunts about 2-6 miles back in. Looking for someone who is into the same style of hunting (my buddies just don't like to go that far).

Only working off of an OTC E/S elk tag and a doe antelope tag this year. Looking at heading to unit 42 (Opening day for a few days), Maybe a mountain bike thing in unit 28 mid season, and unit 81 in late September. I'm open to switching anything up and I know spots are sacred but I subscribe to the whole if someone takes you to a spot, you can only go back with that person or ask if you can bring someone else there type deal.

... I feel like i'm on tinder but its hard to find anyone that's into this shit lol

Last edited:
Welcome and good luck. I wish I was closer to the west but my business and career keep me in Florida for at least four more years then the wife and I will be moving westward.

Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk