looking at some new bows

Of those three I have only shot the BW, it was a long bow and it was well made. It shot well for me but it was out of my price range at the time.
If you are new to shooting a recurve or longbow get to a shoot and shoot as many as you can. I've went through several until I found one that really fit me well. Good luck !

I've shot a BW and a Hoyt game master II. Big difference between the two. I like the BW bows and have owned several, they work well for me so I've never tried another manufacturer. Mine are smooth and quiet and I'm confident with it so I'm probably not much help.

oldgoat

WKR
I only like Blackwidow longbows, can't stand their recurves, only shot one stalker and it as smooth as butter, you should check out Toelke bows, they are my all time favorites and the wait time is measured in weeks, not months but it's almost hunting season so that might slow it down a bit!

I've owned and hunter all three of the bows you have listed. I gave each bow a fair chance as I hunted a whole season with it. The only one that's still in my stable out of the three you listed is my jackal longbow from south.

All three bows are top of the line bows but your going to ha e to decide what shoots best for you in your hands. Stalker and BW both have test drive programs. As for Brian over at TT give him a call he might be willing to help you out with a test drive.

Best of luck and post some pics of what you get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shot

FNG
I've had many trad bows. First real nice one being a custom black widow. After many years of trying different bows. I settles with an ILF system.

Many configurations, easy to tune, and can which from longbow to recurve. Best part is, I use the same riser so the feel stays the same.

Currently I use a 17" epic riser from Dryad. Combined that with different limbs for different hunts vs just target.

Check out ILF setups, you wont regret it.

I have owned BW's, shot Stalkers and still own two TallTines. I played with a lot of the upper end bows and have settled on TallTines. Brian is great to deal with, craftsmanship is second to none, best grips I have found, excellent checkering, and they simply shoot lights out. His newly redesigned recurve limbs are unbelievable.

In my TallTines stable currently:
60" long riser recurve, myrtle w/ zircote flare & myrtle limbs, 55#@27"
60" Stickflinger longbow, Macassar ebony w/ myrtle & myrtle limbs, 55@27"

pZr6OOg.jpg

bobinmi

WKR
Well, tall tines decided to stop taking orders for new bows as of September first, so that may narrow your choices. It sounds like brian will still be making stock bows and posting them on the page.

Well, tall tines decided to stop taking orders for new bows as of September first, so that may narrow your choices. It sounds like brian will still be making stock bows and posting them on the page.

Brian actually changed his mind on this and will continue to build custom bows. He had a change of heart and wanted to continue with his passion.

Wojo14

WKR
I never shot any of the bows listed from the original poster.
I would let the bow choose you.
But trust me. It is addicting and you will get a ton of different ones to play with!
~Wojo