Trad bow hunting Utah extended elk areas

Stickbow

FNG
Is anyone hunting the Utah elk extended season with traditional gear? Im new to UT and ended up with only an Elk archery tag, I have been doing a lot of "hiking with my bow" as I call it looking for sign. It sounds like the Elk move around a bit once snow really starts flying around november time frame. Anyway just curious if there is anyone else out there that might be interested in checking out an area or grabbing a beer.

Found this moose the other week...
moose.jpg

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve taken my recurve up a few times, no luck yet this year.

Thanks
Boswell

amp713

WKR
There are alot of elk on the wasatch but it's just tough country I need to head out there for elk since my favorite spot in the basin is now not accessible

amp713

WKR
I don't do traditional though, want to but haven't been able to commit the time to it yet to be proficient

OP
Stickbow

Stickbow

FNG
Thats cool Boswell, do you spend more time glassing or still hunting? I have been trying to slowly cover ground during the day, then find a decent spot to stay still for the last hour or solid light.

Amp I grew up shooting traditional so I enjoy hunting with a longbow, however now that I dont have a backyard to shoot in after work Im way out of practice. My current comfortable range is pretty darn short. If you do get to the point where you want to give it a try I have a loaner bow you could try out.

Boudreaux

Lil-Rokslider
Most of my time is glassing, I will still hunt if I haven't seen much in the day.

Thanks,
Boswell

amp713

WKR
I've got one just not much time to play with it. Also if you are on FB there is a group called bowhunters of Utah. Some guys are cool, some a little less so... but could be a good place to find a guy close by you to hit up

Steadman

WKR
Been out a few times with my Stalker. Got into some elk once but it was way to noisy to close to shooting distance. Elk on the extended has got to be one of the toughest hunts, my opinion.