Bear Recurve question

zman

Lil-Rokslider
Can somebody tell me what the difference is between the "super" version and the regular one? For example, what is different about the super kodiak vs. the kodiak? Super grizzly vs. grizzly?

I believe length is a defining characteristic Kodiak Magnum is I think 52" Super K is 60 or 64", Kodiak is 60" Super Grizzly is 58" some also came with green, or black glass. Different production years as well, Lengths stated above are from memory so take it for what it is worth.

I'm not familiar with the Grizzly's but as far as the Kodiaks I can share a bit. The old style (50's) Kodiak was a very different bow from the Supers. Then in the early to mid 60s of the "new" Kodiak design (beginning in 1961?) looked very much like what would become the Super Kodiak, but they were still just called Kodiaks. I have a 1965 Kodiak that for all intent would appear to be Super Kodiak but with a slightly slimmer grip and olive green/gray glass and material wise is a bubinga riser with Brazilian rosewood caps . Outside of the relatively new Bear reproduction 59 Kodiaks, Bear hasn't made a plain Kodiak since 1966. Its been Super Kodiak from 1967 to present, plus Kodiak Magnums and Take-downs which are different bows.

You might find this link interesting.....
Stickbow.com - Traditional Archery and Traditional Bowhunting

OP
zman

zman

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. I bought a regular grizzly from a Rokslider and it shoots really nice. Good enough bow for me right now... maybe as my skills get better I will move up.