Weight Tubes

I just got an order of 5 gpi weight tubes from 3Rivers Archery to try out. So far so good. I installed one in a matter of seconds and did a few shots from 10-20 yards with one regular arrow and one weighted. Groups were tight and my total weight bumped up from 492gr to about 630gr.

For reference, shooting a 55# @ 28" Bear Grizzly. Gold Tip Traditional 400 spine cut to 30.25" with 175gr up front.

Will continue to play with the setup but so far I like how I'm shooting with the extra weight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ScottinPA

WKR
Only downside I've found is if the tube isn't locked in and you hit a hard stump, your nock will go flying. I've tried a little fletch tite on the nock end with limited success. Another option would be slide tube in when gluing inserts with hot melt.
I've also heard guys saying it added spine to the arrow but I haven't noticed any big changes.

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
Only downside I've found is if the tube isn't locked in and you hit a hard stump, your nock will go flying. I've tried a little fletch tite on the nock end with limited success. Another option would be slide tube in when gluing inserts with hot melt.
I've also heard guys saying it added spine to the arrow but I haven't noticed any big changes.

Agreed, played with tubes a lot when they came out. They can rattle around and blow out nocks. Today I am gluing in a 100 grain brass rod right behind insert. FOC seems to be the way to go anyway.

oldgoat

WKR
Agreed, played with tubes a lot when they came out. They can rattle around and blow out nocks. Today I am gluing in a 100 grain brass rod right behind insert. FOC seems to be the way to go anyway.
And adding weight to the shaft can significantly lower FOC. I added Paracord instead of tubes, worked great for adding weight, but the arrow I did it to had a pretty low FOC to begin with and when I calculated the FOC accounting for the added weight and it was almost zero%. The arrow wanted to stay in paradox almost all the way to the target, looked almost like a snake in a couple of spots on the 3d course that was shady where I could see the arrow well. If you start out with a significant FOC to start with it helps.