Black Eagle Vintage?

WJS23

WKR
I have had mine for a little over a year and have had zero problems with them. But I also have the guys at RMS set everything up for me.

jds44

FNG
I've got a dozen of the 500 spines that I've been shooting out of a 45 pound @ 28 inch recurve for over a year. I haven't killed anything with them yet, but I've shot them alot with no sign of damage or wear. I bounced one off a rock stump shooting hard enough to dislodge the blunt tip and insert with no damage to the shaft. My backyard target is on the other side of my kids swing set from my backdoor and I've accidentally hit the chain holding the swings on more than one occasion with no ill effects to the arrow. They're tough and I'll definitely buy them again.

cochran53

FNG
Thought I would post an update: I just ordered a Black Eagle Instinct Test Kit. I know this is the micro-diameter version of the vintage, but it seems to be a nice arrow. We will see once it comes in and I get a chance to shoot it around a bit.

1jody256

FNG
i got some 500 spined instincts fromrms and never will shoot nothing else .they are awsome!

I've got a half dozen I ordered from 3 Rivers for my longbow. They've held up well for me. Liking them so far. They seem pretty tough, at least as good as GT's.

bobinmi

WKR
I like them a lot. I wish that they would offer them in a 300 spine so I can shoot them out of my new bow.

I bought three dozen of them a year ago. Out of my 55# D bow they shoot pretty dang good. Can't say how they do on game however due to LOFT on my end and weather.

They are pretty tough too. First one broke from me torquing a shot on a stump. The arrow glanced off the left edge of the stump and broke it in two. Then Total Archery Challenge claimed a couple (but fewer than the compound guys lol!).

Kind of thinking of trying something else when I get my new bow. Cutting footings for these sucks and keeping them on the shafts. Looking at Gold Tip XT's or the new Vap Trads. Both come with either a footing or an outsert to protect the shaft.

So if you're not worried about footing id buy them again.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sheepdog

FNG
I just got set up with a dozen from RMS. I was looking for a 31"ish, 575-600 grain arrow with 250 grain cutthroats leading the business end. It was between these and the GT's that were a little lighter. so far so good. I took a couple stumping this past weekend and they held up well so far. I did spilt one just behind the insert but it was from a direct hit on a much more solid rock than I had though I was shooting- totally my fault. I plan on getting another dozen.

GPool1842

WKR
They are awesome. I have the instinct and the vintage. Love them both. Received a lot of compliments on how good they look too.

taco15

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone use third party outserts with the Vintage shafts? Black Eagle doesn't offer outsert components for the Vintage shaft. Specifically looking at 350 spine diameter.

Rubbin_Is_Racin

Lil-Rokslider
I have the instinct version and have had a lot of trouble with the outserts coming off when they get hit pretty hard from a miss or hard spot in the target. I used the impact rated goat tough glue. Other than that they have been some of the best shooting arrows for my setup.

WJS23

WKR
You should use the Easton two part glue that’s what I use on my BE x- impacts and have not had any problems with that in over a year

taco15

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed, two part epoxy is always best. Good rule of thumb... The longer it take for a product to fully cure and harden the better. The "instant" stuff usually sucks... Of course, there are exceptions to everything.

no issues with my 36# Bob Lee Bicentennial. Shoot just as good as any other arrow that is properly tuned.

I have the instinct version and have had a lot of trouble with the outserts coming off when they get hit pretty hard from a miss or hard spot in the target. I used the impact rated goat tough glue. Other than that they have been some of the best shooting arrows for my setup.
I ditched the instinct outserts and replaced them with the DaySix centric insert/outsert system. It works great.