2018 Cold Bow Challenge "Traditional Division"

Robby decided to add a Traditional Division this year!

Here's the link to info, rules and prizes. http://www.rokslide.com/forums/archery/94301-2018-cold-bow-challenge.html

A couple images from last year. Day 6, 25 yards, downhill and in the shade. Besides having fun with the other guys from Rokslide, the challenge gave me a realistic maximum effective range expectation.

Wf3J2VU.jpg

bGi3cBH.jpg

See you guys there! :cool:

Last edited:

amp713

WKR
I got a trad bow and wood arrows for it and have never really dedicated to shooting it. I may practice now until the last 5 days of the deadline and see what happens ha would be fun to test

Hoyts n Mulies

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be completely interested if the challenge was the first arrow of the day but I'm just not interested in going five days with only being able to shoot one arrow per day.

That really goes against what my focus is at this point in regards to getting good quality reps in.

nmiller08

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be completely interested if the challenge was the first arrow of the day but I'm just not interested in going five days with only being able to shoot one arrow per day.

That really goes against what my focus is at this point in regards to getting good quality reps in.

Same here, it's also not what I do during hunting season. Of course the first arrow of the day has to be good, but I'm shooting a few midday every day

GLB

WKR
^^^ I was thinking about this to when I accepted the challenge. I used a new longbow that I had just got it tune and set up. It gave me a lot of time between shots to think about my shot process and to ingrained that in my head. I wanted to shoot my primary longbow that I have used for over 15 years but dedicated the new one to the challenge. it forced me to learn.