OnX Hunt vs OnX ROAM

So I've been an avid GAIA and ONX user and have recently come across this article: Field Tested: The ROAM app from onXMaps – Expedition Portal

Im wondering if this will be rolled in to the hunting solution they already offer as an upgrade. If this is more updated than Gaia, it would take the place of Gaia for me. One of my gripes with Gaia is that when you save a map, you must choose the layers you want to save as well. It does not default to all the layers you have added. This is frustrating as some area's I need different layers than others, and being limited to 5 when 1 of those is a base map is frustrating. I usually always have a topo base, public, private, and that only leaves 2 layers. From the looks of it, ROAM would combine many of those things in to 1 and allow you to layer over that. This is currently one of my favorite features of HUNT. OnX provides a great base layer with large amounts of detail rather than having to start with a basic layer and add specific layers (pro and con).

Any experience or news on this would be great.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Hello bridgermgmt,
All the features that were in the ROAM app are available in the onX Hunt app. When saving maps for offline use in the Hunt app, you can save up to 12 different layers in a map and it will save whatever layers you currently have turned on so you will not need select them again when you save a map. We are re-working the ROAM product so you will not be able to find it in the App or Google Play store. Was there anything mentioned in the article you feel is not available in the onX Hunt app currently? I'd be happy to pass the information along to our team