Garmin 64st

frankrb3

WKR
I just ordered one to replace my 64S that I lost last week while shed hunting. In case you havent already ordered the 64ST, Cabelas has them on sale until the end of the month for $230. That's the same price they are selling the 64S right now. To answer your question the 64S and 64ST are great GPS that are very intuitive to use and function well for hunters who may have to operate them with gloves on.

OP
M

mikelogg

FNG
picking it up this morning at bass pro for the same price 230.. is it pretty easy to operate?

semperfidelis97

Lil-Rokslider
It's very easy to operate. I would suggest upgrading to 24k maps for the state's you hunt in. The 100k are functional, but not very detailed.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

frankrb3

WKR
It's very easy to operate. I would suggest upgrading to 24k maps for the state's you hunt in. The 100k are functional, but not very detailed.

I agree. Extremely easy to operate and very intuitive. It's the reason why I am pretty much buying the same unit again. I also agree that you will want to upgrade the maps to 24K when you get the chance. GPSFileDepot.com is a great place to get free overlay maps for your gps or you can buy a product like onxmaps and just insert the chip.

xziang

WKR
You'll enjoy/like it; this has come up before. Only downside in my opinion from the older version/series (60CSX) is it will go through batteries much quicker.

You will find it fairly easy to use if you have any questions that I could assist with drop me a PM.

xziang

WKR
I just ordered one to replace my 64S that I lost last week while shed hunting. In case you havent already ordered the 64ST, Cabelas has them on sale until the end of the month for $230.

If you order it through cabelas 'activejunky' has 10% cash back if you go through them too. Something to consider.

Enjoy- its a great system- very easy to use, between the Birdseye imagery and the Garmin base camp software and Google Earth. Once you've been through the drill a few times it makes scouting to hunting very fast.

jaypope

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to decide between the 64st and the Montana series and most likely will go with the 64st because of the Cabelas sale.

Question on adding maps for SW Montana elk hunt in September...

Which is better to use onXmaps Montana chip or Garmin base camp Montana chip?

I'm trying to decide between the 64st and the Montana series and most likely will go with the 64st because of the Cabelas sale.

Question on adding maps for SW Montana elk hunt in September...

Which is better to use onXmaps Montana chip or Garmin base camp Montana chip?

The basecamp is a useful interface for downloading sat imagery from birdseye and building points/routes on GE and then putting them onto your device.

jaypope

Lil-Rokslider
The basecamp is a useful interface for downloading sat imagery from birdseye and building points/routes on GE and then putting them onto your device.

Question... if I go with the 64st and an onXmaps Montana chip; can I use the Garmin birdseye view with the onX chip installed? Forgive my ignorance; I'm new to GPS technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xziang

WKR
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you putting the basecamp sat imagery onto the unit itself then? Reason I ask is when I used basecamp (which I let my subscription lapse) I downloaded the satellite imagery onto the micro SD card that I put in the unit. Before I let my basecamp subscription run out I downloaded a bunch of stuff onto multiple SD cards. :)

I've since purchased the Satellite imagery card for the entire state of CO to use.